Rough day working on LJ (mostly)

ALScott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got front BedRug in and looks great, could fit a little better in a few spots but it's non a Rolls Royce. Installed Boss double din last week and new Kickers all around and it went well. Wired in back up camera today and no bueno, put it reverse and it stays on and won't go off, can't get back to radio. Ordered all new A/C switches as 1 and 2 on fan didn't work when I got it and still not working. Ordered new blower motor as old one was very loud new one much quieter. So I guess 2 out of 4 projects is not a total loss! Back at it tomorrow. I am enjoying this thing as toy and a project.

Ahh yes, the journey begins. I have spent a year killing myself on my TJ. I’m finally at a place where I’m just going to enjoy it for a while. A few easy mods down the road as parts arrive, but even the simplest things make for the most frustrating of days!!

Ahh yes, the journey begins. I have spent a year killing myself on my TJ. I’m finally at a place where I’m just going to enjoy it for a while. A few easy mods down the road as parts arrive, but even the simplest things make for the most frustrating of days!!

It is usually one stinking bolt that gets ya...

I’m all for the fix-up , the mods, tlc and all that ....its fun, therapeutic, something to look forward to and all that .......but there comes a point, and to me, and that point is at about 80 degrees on the thermometer, that I want to enjoy it.

i totally understand the joy of the project.

Hard to believe but after years and years I am finally at a place where I am enjoying my TJ and don’t feel the need to do much more to it.
I’ve come to the place that I think if someone can’t get to that point, they may not know where they are going with the project.

At the same time, I realize there is some “finding your way” going on, especially at first. The more you are on here, the more you will agree with the forums’ general consensus on things- the knowledge here is accurate.

Last edited:
well @Chris and @AndyG i have plenty to do on my project if you ever miss wrenching lol
Its funny how it goes....from a passion to a pain. One week we want to build the beast, the next week just enjoy it, the next push it of a cliff.

Even if you get whatever your definition of success worked out with one, you want to keep it there. Then you want to try different tires or something.

The best place to get to, at least, is knowing what you are looking for. Whether buying, building or helping a buddy.

Mine is almost to the stopping point. 3 big ticket items left, SYE, control arms and gearing. Once those 3 are done it will be complete.......... maybe

Your blower motor not working on one and two is probably your blower motor resistor.
I watched a video and it showed a different resistor than what I ordered but I have been researching this AM and everything shows the part # I ordered. Video showed a more flat blade looking deal and the one I have is best described as a cage with coils in it.

Just pulled it and it's the blade looking one. I ordered RHD..... good grief. Going to NAPA!!!!
Why in the world would LHD and RHD be different?