RPM issue

RicanCrazy

I was told to separate some issues from a big post I made so here is one of them. While driving between 45-60 my RPM bounces between 1700-2000 and have a high idle issue that's on and off. The RPM bounce feels like the last two gears are shifting back and forth (or if you press the gas hard on newer vehicles it shifts down to increase the RPM and shifts up afterwards to continue speed, and feel a light jerk when this happens) is the best way to describe the feeling. Part's I've changed recently are TPS, IAC, MAP (small rubber elbow on the way to be replaced), crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs and wires. My second year having the TJ I changed the distributor disk sensor, rotor and cap. The third year I changed out the fuel pump. Hope this helps and thanks in advance!

I was told to separate some issues from a big post I made so here is one of them. While driving between 45-60 my RPM bounces between 1700-2000 and have a high idle issue that's on and off. The RPM bounce feels like the last two gears are shifting back and forth (or if you press the gas hard on newer vehicles it shifts down to increase the RPM and shifts up afterwards to continue speed, and feel a light jerk when this happens) is the best way to describe the feeling. Part's I've changed recently are TPS, IAC, MAP (small rubber elbow on the way to be replaced), crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs and wires. My second year having the TJ I changed the distributor disk sensor, rotor and cap. The third year I changed out the fuel pump. Hope this helps and thanks in advance!

Ok here's an update. Installed the new shift shaft seal where alot of the liquid was around. Cleaned up the area and have to run into town and pick up some more ATF+4 fluid to top her off. New distributor cap and rotor came in also. Disk sensor on the way Wednesday. This should be the last sensors in the engine bay and leaks I can see (have one last leak on the front pumpkin shaft seal but will deal with that after my major issues). I'll post an update if I see any more liquid leaking.