WTB: Rubicon 241 transfer case tail housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinman

TJ Enthusiast
I’m looking for a tail housing from a TJ 241J or 241OR. Anybody have a damaged case sitting around? I know when they decide to explode the damage is usually contained to the front half of the case.

I’m looking for a tail housing from a TJ 241J or 241OR. Anybody have a damaged case sitting around? I know when they decide to explode the damage is usually contained to the front half of the case.

I thought I read the rear tail is shared with a tcase out of earlier ram trucks 97-03? Makes sourcing that part much easier. Might be wrong, just remember it’s either end was shared and still could buy it NOS.

A
I thought I read the rear tail is shared with a tcase out of earlier ram trucks 97-03? Makes sourcing that part much easier. Might be wrong, just remember it’s either end was shared and still could buy it NOS.
According to Rock Auto, The Dodges have either a 271 or 273 t-case. Funny thing is I thought they had the 241 too.

Yes but the tail housings could be the same.

again, not 100% and I think I read this info a long while back from @mrblaine

Sorry if I got that wrong and steered you in a bad direction!

I’m not sure how accurate this picture from Rock Auto is of the Dodge case but it shows 8 bolts holding the output housing on where my 241 only has 6.
It could be just generic picture and not the actual case though.
98BC0C13-4FB4-466F-8F8B-F9307C4FE384.jpeg

Reactions: Rick Flair
I’m not sure how accurate this picture from Rock Auto is of the Dodge case but it shows 8 bolts holding the output housing on where my 241 only has 6.
It could be just generic picture and not the actual case though.View attachment 160602

Yeah maybe it’s the nose cone. Sorry man just trying to help!

Are ya looking for the front or rear? I think I still have some of the front somewhere but it’s fawkd

Status
Not open for further replies.