Rubicon Express Superflex Lower Control Arm Bushing / Joint Part Number

Jay MacLeay

TJ Enthusiast
I know most of you are going to tell me to not even bother replacing the bushing and to just switch the control arm to (insert brand here). Financially, if I could, I would but right now I can't.

I was hoping someone could tell me the part number I need in order to replace the bushing that is in there right now. There's a lot of play in it. I can easily wiggle the control arm with my hand. I was looking online and I'm seeing a bunch of different part numbers. Tried calling RE and there was no answer. I figured this forum might be faster with a response then RE. Thanks!

You just looking for the plastic races for those joints? I have a handful of both for the uppers RE3798 and lowers RE3797. Message me and I will make you a deal on them.

Reactions: John Cooper
Unfortunately, I don't know the extent of the damage. The Jeep is my daily. I can't take it apart to see the damage and then wait to get a part to replace it. If I replace the whole joint assembly, does the process include wielding? I've searched all over for a write-up or video explaining the rebuild process, but couldn't find anything.

Unfortunately, I don't know the extent of the damage. The Jeep is my daily. I can't take it apart to see the damage and then wait to get a part to replace it. If I replace the whole joint assembly, does the process include wielding? I've searched all over for a write-up or video explaining the rebuild process, but couldn't find anything.
Post some pics of your arms and I can help ID them.

It is easy enough to remove just one control arm and take a look at it. If it is the joint I'm thinking of, there's a small allen socket set- screw that you loosen or remove, and then the unit kinda unscrews (there's a tool, but I used needle nose pliers). It might just need a little cleaning, greasing, and reinstalling the ring you removed a little tighter. This'll sound weird, but take it out and play with it a little bit. You can't really hurt it.

Yeah; I'm running the RE Superflex suspension system. Springs are stiff, but I'm not ready to change them out.

Call RE again and they should take of you. Some of the original RE guys still work there and know what’s up. I replaced mine, with the poly ones. I don’t recall that they even charged for the replacements. Drilled the control arms and installed zircs to grease them. No need for all new arms.

Last edited:
So, I have a confession to make and my ego isn't too big to not make it. I posted this before actually putting a wrench on it. Turns out the bolt was a little loose. Tightened her up and it's all good now. Sorry for wasting your time. @ArmyRN you were right, sometimes you just have to play with it. In my case, I had to play with it with something more than just my hands.