Rubicon or Sport?

Cute little SE's! Aren't they precious? :stick:
So are the owners!

You guys crack me up. After the Zombiepocalypse there will be Cockroaches, Cheeze Wiz and TJ SE's. One of those will be useful, the rest, not so much. When you all are desperately searching for Dana 44's to upgrade your axles, SE owners will be kicking back and enjoying the peace of mind of knowing it's unlikely that they will destroy their Dana 30/35's. It takes a REAL MAN to off road an SE. Ya gotta have hair on your chest and bark on your back, I tell ya!

:coleman::headbang:

You guys crack me up. After the Zombiepocalypse there will be Cockroaches, Cheeze Wiz and TJ SE's. One of those will be useful, the rest, not so much. When you all are desperately searching for Dana 44's to upgrade your axles, SE owners will be kicking back and enjoying the peace of mind of knowing it's unlikely that they will destroy their Dana 30/35's. It takes a REAL MAN to off road an SE. Ya gotta have hair on your chest and bark on your back, I tell ya!

:coleman::headbang:

Lol! Us Sport and Rubi owners with our MASSIVE Dana 44's will be sitting in bag chairs, eating said cheese wiz(straight out of the dispenser mind you), watching you poor SE owners chasing your rear wheel/axle as it rolls down the road without your jeep attached to it. So katchow!

Reactions: Rob5589 and StG58
SE owners will eventually sell off their TJ, and rock a 4-door JKU with halo headlights and angry bird grills. While running 5 different LED light bars.

Reactions: StG58
Lol! Us Sport and Rubi owners with our MASSIVE Dana 44's will be sitting in bag chairs, eating said cheese wiz(straight out of the dispenser mind you), watching you poor SE owners chasing your rear wheel/axle as it rolls down the road without your jeep attached to it. So katchow!
I see that in order to defend the honor of SE drivers everywhere, there will have to be a wheel-off! Oh wait, I just read your post again...I may have made a forum post faux pas...nope. SE's are still the purest form available in the TJ series. As close to the original "Jeep in a Box" as you can get. The purity of form and function will win through in the end. (The MB and M38 had crappy axles too.)

SE owners will eventually sell off their TJ, and rock a 4-door JKU with halo headlights and angry bird grills. While running 5 different LED light bars.
The first time he hits the walking dead, he'll crack his angry bird grill and bust his 50" light bar brah! Dang!
Oh good greif! I DO own a JKU! (Well, the wife does.) No light bars or angry bird grills though. ARGhhh! Is there no hope!? lol

Oh good greif! I DO own a JKU! (Well, the wife does.) No light bars or angry bird grills though. ARGhhh! Is there no hope!? lol

Then I change my post. It’s only a mater of time before you sell your SE, to buy multiple LED lights bars and an angry bird for your wife’s JKU!

Actually, I better stop. I’m the one that has a TJ that’s cramped. I have a soon to be 1 year old, and another baby on the way.

A JKU is looking better all the time....

21avrg.jpg

Actually, I better stop. I’m the one that has a TJ that’s cramped. I have a soon to be 1 year old, and another baby on the way.

Its surprising how good a JKU looks when you stuff three kids (or grandkids) and a ton o' outdoor crap in one. And they still do fine off road if set up right. Just don't get rid of the TJ!

Its surprising how good a JKU looks when you stuff three kids (or grandkids) and a ton o' outdoor crap in one. And they still do fine off road if set up right. Just don't get rid of the TJ!

Yep. And the only way I could get a JKU is if I sold the TJ.

Damn things are wicked expensive.

I intentionally bought a Sport so I could “make it my own”. I wanted to run 35’s and even the Dana 44 in the back needed sleeving and cromo axles. Plus it needed taller gears for the new tires. I kind of like having an underdog Sport that will outwheel a Rubi anyway lol. If I ever sell, I will never get what I’ve put into this TJ EVER, not even close, but it doesn’t matter as it will be with me for a long time. My interest is in having a “personalized” car and I am well on my way to that goal.

I intentionally bought a Sport so I could “make it my own”. I wanted to run 35’s and even the Dana 44 in the back needed sleeving and cromo axles. Plus it needed taller gears for the new tires. I kind of like having an underdog Sport that will outwheel a Rubi anyway lol. If I ever sell, I will never get what I’ve put into this TJ EVER, not even close, but it doesn’t matter as it will be with me for a long time. My interest is in having a “personalized” car and I am well on my way to that goal.
I like having a what a racer would call a sleeper- that if I drive it carefully will go where a stock Rubicon will not go if that driver is overconfident. And with the little dab of money I put in is still 6-8 grand less than I was looking at for a Rubicon equipped similarly.

On the other hand there are days when I thing the Rubicon decal would look nice:D

Reactions: jae
If you’ll never go bigger than 33’s, Rubi with stock gears will save you a bundle. Any bigger than that and get a Sport. Or do like me and sink a lot into an X, but make it all your own!