Rubicrawler installation problem

Bob.Gibson

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm in the process of installing my new Rubicrawler into my 2005 TJ.
I am trying to remove the spud shaft using the recommended custom puller method but the spud shaft refuses to break free.
Do these shafts normally require a lot of force to break them free?

I got mine off with a slide hammer, it took some force. After reading some of the other comments on here, I think I got off easy.

I got mine off with a slide hammer, it took some force. After reading some of the other comments on here, I think I got off easy.
Ive put the tools down for the day now that I have the shaft out and will continue in the morning. Any other things I should lookout for or is it all pretty straight forward following the instructions

Here is a good pic of how the two shifter cables need to be routed. Look at it carefully.

If you need any other advice, you can PM me directly. I've installed two of these.

Rubicrawler Cable Routing.jpg

Attachments

• RUBIcrawler Install Instructions.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 565
Here is a good pic of how the two shifter cables need to be routed. Look at it carefully.

If you need any other advice, you can PM me directly. I've installed two of these.

View attachment 165110

This is taking me twice as long to than I thought it would.
Finally found my problem.
I’m only half s good as I thought I was!!!!!!!

View attachment 165110

This is helpful information. The most difficult task for me was installing the cables. The instructions weren't very useful here!

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if anyone else with a RubiCrawler had this small screw up from Advance Adapters. They're great engineers, but apparently correct spelling is not a requirement. That's the hint, so what's wrong with this picture?

XIVaFXY.jpg

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm wondering if anyone else with a RubiCrawler had this small screw up from Advance Adapters. They're great engineers, but apparently correct spelling is not a requirement. That's the hint, so what's wrong with this picture?

View attachment 165464
LoL, that’s hilarious. Mine is getting ready to go in soon. I’ll take a look.

Mine is now installed and working great.
Thanks ABQWrangler for the heads up on a couple of things. I did the install on my own with normal handyman tools that included a trolly jack. Total work time was around 16hours. It’s not a difficult job overall but there are some fiddly hard to reach screws. Something not included in the install kit is a butyrate seal for the bottom of the control linkage console box. I wheel in some very dusty places and this would have been a probable problem for dust entry into the cabin. So have sealed the box bottom plate. Can’t wait to get out on the trail and put it through its paces.

The two I’ve installed, both had the butyl tape included in the kit.

Glad you got it sorted out, installed and operational .

Let us know what you think of it once you get a chance to put it to use.

The two I’ve installed, both had the butyl tape included in the kit.

Glad you got it sorted out, installed and operational .

Let us know what you think of it once you get a chance to put it to use.
Mine did have Butyl tape in the kit but only enough for the top surface that sits on top of the drive train tunnel.

So last night I stopped just after slidehammering out the stub shaft. In reviewing the rest of the instructions on page 12 one of the pictures blocks some info. Does anyone know what it’s supposed to say?

FE6B6159-1A56-4DD7-9F4F-93303BE5AD8F.jpeg