Rust Prevention

Mudflat

TJ Enthusiast
Greetings All!
Yesterday my wife & I took a little day trio down to Galveston. Since my TJ came from Arkansas, I figured this was the first time it’s ever seen a salt environment. Even though I didn’t even drive on the beach & I would NEVER drive through the surf or ANY salt water, I just rinsed off the underside in an abundance of caution.
I just put a lawn sprinkler under the Jeep & 2 or 3 beers later I consider it good to go. ☺️🍻

8B3927DB-E27B-4067-A094-225F105AE034.jpeg

Can you blame the OP though? With all the discussion on this forum about rusty frames...
You mean like how all the posters below the Mason Dixon line act so appalled and scold people if they've a spec of rust?

I get it..

Like holy shit ...your Jeep has a rusty screw on the taillight housing ... I'd pass on buying thar rusty piece of shit. Omfg...sell it!!

It’s not really salt, they distill the white crusty stuff from pig fat. That is why it tastes so good and freaks out the local vegans
Remember...
It's about the selective science
Science science science....
Climate change.... science
Pollution...science

A boy identifying as a girl...
Yeah...to hell with that pesky science

Reactions: fourpointzero
Best stuff we've found is PFC from Berkebile.
It's much better than Fluid Film.

You being on the east coast it should be available near you
I’ll look it up. Never hurts to look into other options.

I did find another wax type of product that’s proven to protect metals from corrosion, but it’s very costly. Though, the name escapes me at the moment.
Thanks!

I’ll look it up. Never hurts to look into other options.

I did find another wax type of product that’s proven to protect metals from corrosion, but it’s very costly. Though, the name escapes me at the moment.
Thanks!

The top lanolin competitor is Fluid Film.

This video is from Berkebile...the owner of PFC...but you can be the judge yourself.

We do undercoating service for customers at the garage before winter with PFC. Best stuff I know to date.

You can get cans or jugs and spray it on with a bedliner gun