Sad my jeep keeps failing me

How is this diagnosed on our vehicles? I occasionally get an error code about a slow o2 sensor even though it is brand new NGK. I've put my endoscope into the O2 sensor ports and I see the structure, no broken parts, but I am only looking at the ends.

These things used to be a lot cheaper but with them now at $600 or more it's not something I want to swap just on a hunch.

Thanks, Andy

You should be able to see light down through them.

Reactions: AndyA
I viewed your post as a compliment; I wanted to say more, but I feared it would have detracted from his post.

Messages like his would do wonders for the world when folks need encouragement and perspective during hard times. My close Navy bud might be alive today if he read a thoughtful message like this before he ended it.

Agreed 100%.

Everyone the story wasn't all that happy haha. I think @Wranglerfix was right. Listen to him when he tells you that your pcm is done.

Today driving the jeep check engine light came on. Wranglerfix on the phone had told me that my pcm was done but that my OPDA code p0016 was something not related to the pcm. Well he was right, I did fix the OPDA issue and honestly driving it is fine but the other codes he said we're related to the pcm came back so I think I need a new pcm.

My new question is since it's driving fine even with a bad pcm, besides the check engine light does having a failing pcm really make a difference? 🤔

Reactions: Wranglerfix