Sadly Dropkick-Slyders are no more

JamesAndTheSahara

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I was going to buy a set now that my TJ has been lifted and the website said they were reorganizing. I contacted them via facebook and got the following response. ORFAB, AEV, & Detours really letting me down right now. Nervous on what else may be discountinued before I buy it. Back to the slider drawing board (Stuck with a more protective body mounted one with a less functional step).
IMG_5454.PNG
IMG_5455.PNG

I'm not familiar with Detours, but that doesn't sound promising.

I know what he means about UPS though. Sometimes it can be more expensive to ship some of these large items than it's worth.

Amazon and big companies like that have massive contracts worked out with UPS and other shipping companies to get huge shipping discounts.

I know what he means about UPS though. Sometimes it can be more expensive to ship some of these large items than it's worth.

Amazon and big companies like that have massive contracts worked out with UPS and other shipping companies to get huge shipping discounts.
Yeah I know what you mean. For a product I really want I have no issue traveling to get the right thing. Hell i drove 12 hours one way just to get the hard top I wanted. Sad I couldn't buy them locally as he destroyed the jigs.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah I know what you mean. For a product I really want I have no issue traveling to get the right thing. Hell i drove 12 hours one way just to get the hard top I wanted. Sad I couldn't buy them locally as he destroyed the jigs.

Destroying the jigs just seems stupid... No idea why he would do that, honestly.

OR-Fab is a huge let down. I've been waiting for them to "re-open" for over a year now so that I could buy their tire carrier. Hasn't happened, and being as though it's been over a year, I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: dylansalrin
Destroying the jigs just seems stupid... No idea why he would do that, honestly.

OR-Fab is a huge let down. I've been waiting for them to "re-open" for over a year now so that I could buy their tire carrier. Hasn't happened, and being as though it's been over a year, I'm not holding my breath.
I don't know if you saw my post from a month or two ago but OR-FAB has completely shut down production with no intentions of returning to the market.

I don't know if you saw my post from a month or two ago but OR-FAB has completely shut down production with no intentions of returning to the market.

Shit, are you serious? I missed that post... DAMNIT! Supposedly they were going to re-open (it even said it on their website), but I guess that was all untrue.

Ugh... I really wanted one of their rear tire carries. That really disappoints me more than anything.

I saw someone on campus the other day with one on his TJ. They look stout. The only things that are close to it are Gr8tops exogate & Genright's tire carrier.

I agree, the Exogate is the only other solution, I just liked the OR-Fab one a little bit more. OR-Fab made other cool stuff though as well, so this is very disappointing. Not sure how I missed that thread!

I got a carrier from them and all the plates/hardware if you want it.

You're not going to install it?

I'm actually in the process of making a new rack that will mount my spare on the diagonal slant instead of a carrier on the body or bumper. I might cut it up and weld it to the rack but part of me doesn't want to because it is so desirable. I'll keep you posted what I end up doing

I'm actually in the process of making a new rack that will mount my spare on the diagonal slant instead of a carrier on the body or bumper. I might cut it up and weld it to the rack but part of me doesn't want to because it is so desirable. I'll keep you posted what I end up doing

Keep me posted for sure!

Dropkick Slyders are what I have. They clamp around the frame and no drilling is required (of course that is generally frowned upon by a lot of people on this board but IDGAF, they suit my needs perfectly).

IMG_3005.JPG

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I was going to buy a set now that my TJ has been lifted and the website said they were reorganizing. I contacted them via facebook and got the following response. ORFAB, AEV, & Detours really letting me down right now. Nervous on what else may be discountinued before I buy it. Back to the slider drawing board (Stuck with a more protective body mounted one with a less functional step).

I'm really sorry to hear that James, I'm sure it's very disappointing. If you were so inclined, I have no doubt that you could have a local fabricator recreate them rather easily. Since he destroyed the jigs and it's clear that he will no longer produce them, I would be happy to take some pics and send them your way if that's the route that you choose to go.

Last edited:
Dropkick Slyders are what I have. They clamp around the frame and no drilling is required (of course that is generally frowned upon by a lot of people on this board but IDGAF, they suit my needs perfectly).

View attachment 20710

Interesting. I personally don't see any issue with clamping them on. I don't blame you, I wouldn't GAF either.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Well I found an old JF post discussing some frame mounted slider options. Mr blaine ended chiming in with a local california company thats makes a pair he was impressed with. Going to go that option and share how well they work/perform.

Reactions: Chris
Share that companies info if you don't mind. I'm sure people will end up finding this post in the future, and may want that information for themselves too!

Reactions: dylansalrin
$400 for square tubing frame mounted sliders? No thanks. Lol cheaper to buy a welder and make them for that. Simple design too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk