15x8 et-44 beadlock wheels
35/12.5/R15 Maxxis trepador
Genright front and rear bumpers, and rock sliders
Interior bedlined without back seats
led lights and led light bar
warn xd9000 with XP motor
Optima battery
bushwacker extended fender flares

future?; 37s trepador on 17inch wheels, without more lift adjustments, flat fenders bushwacker maybe, and black halftop.

2 years ownership
Started with an YJ 2.5 manual back on earlys 2000 until 2010, then a euro market diesel WJ until late 2016, now 2 diesel WJ at home and the TJ.

46825903_2842823422409784_522069174797729792_n.jpg

Reactions: derekmac and Chris
You're going to need some stronger axles than Dana 44s if you want to run those 37s without breaking things!

Anyways, it looks great! I'll bet you really don't see many "Rubicon" model TJs over in Europe, since they never brought them there!

Yes. With 37s its more posible bending or breaking things. But over here there is some tj rubicon on 37s trepador and they dont usually break anything. Allways using rcv on front axle.

Around here i know about 7 TJ rubicon, some from german market of used vehicles. I assume that are imported from US. I though all was selled from new here... at least it was what people used to say when i questioned about it.

The common here are nissan patrol axles swap. And even frankestein axles made with nissan parts and replicas of spidertrax outers.

You'll just have to be careful with 37s on the Dana 44 axles, even with RCVs. If you're careful, you'll likely be fine, but if you're bouncing around in the rocks, you're at risk. Either way, you'll definitely need tube fenders, and high-line fenders would be ideal as well. But you already know that ;)

The TJ Rubicons you see there must have been imported. For some reason, they never brought the 03-06 Rubicon overseas like they did with the JK and JL Rubicons.

Nissan Patrol axle swaps? They don't have the Nissan Patrol here in the U.S. What kind of axles are under them, do you know? I suspect they aren't Dana axles, but I wonder where they fall in terms of strength when compared to a Dana 44 for instance.

Here in the U.S., a common axle swap for the rear TJ axle is a Ford 8.8 axle, which is commonly found in the Ford Explorer SUV.

We didnt rock crawling with this type of 4x4. Even dont make so much suspension travel on trails... too much hill climbing with minor obstacles.

The ford 8.8 is used here too on back of TJs but not very expanded as the nissan. There are vatious types of nissan axles. Arent made by DANA. More common are patrol axles. Similar to a Dana 44 axle on strenght. Front and rear. They have closed knuckles and they use cv, not u joints. This is a common spec on nissan axles. Upfront on strenght are the the GQ axles (by the australian nomenclature), but here in europe called patrol GR Y60 axles. Like the patrol axles but upfront on strength. They use a third member construction, closed knuckles, cv on front axles, and wheel hubs disconectors. And over this, there are the GU axles, or Y61 series of the patrol GR. Are similar in difference between the d44TJs and d44JKs. The Y61 are Y60 more developed. Wider, reinforced and in all specs preferible over the Y60 axles. But at the same time they are expensive than the Y60. About 40%-50% more. They require a lot of modifications to put them under a tj. Even rotate the front. On nissan patrols the front driveshafts goes under the passenger side. So they have a lot of hours to put it under a TJ and adapt driveshafts, suspension brackets to all links coil and shock receivers. E brake lines. The patrol GR use the rear driveshaft to brake the axle and when in 4wd and transfer case match front with rear axle a drum on rear driveshaft brake the 4wheels with the driveshafts. Not on the rear wheels. In therms of strenght patrol gr y61 axles are capable to move 40s without mayor problems or issues, using arb lockers etc.

Reactions: Chris
Wow, that is one hell of a beefy axle! I'm impressed! How many spline shafts can you run in that thing?

Usually 31 spline front and 33 spline rear. On y61 axles.

But there is a military spec on rear with 37 splines. Massive 3rd member. I have a picture from a friend of mine... that axle donor is the H260 rear axle the 37splines. With spidertrac housing and 40s on both sides.

Screenshot_20181128-002903_Gallery.jpg

Usually 31 spline front and 33 spline rear. On y61 axles.

But there is a military spec on rear with 37 splines. Massive 3rd member. I have a picture from a friend of mine... that axle donor is the H260 rear axle the 37splines. With spidertrac housing and 40s on both sides.

View attachment 65339

Wow, that's impressive! I'd like to see that setup under a TJ :risas3:

Some pictures i collected from FB page of VFR Performance, they build LJs from TJs with axle swaps into Patrol GR Y61/Spidertrax conversion.

View attachment 65443

View attachment 65444

View attachment 65445

View attachment 65446

View attachment 65447

View attachment 65448

Wow, you’re really lucky to have a place like this in Europe. I would have figured that they wouldn’t really be into modifying Jeeps that much over there.

It looks like these guys do some amazing work. I’m very impressed with the articulation of that green TJ in the photos!