Savvy engine skid out of stock

The transmission mounts changed in 2003, with the addition of the 42RLE, as did the skid mounts to the frame.
Makes sense, but is there a difference on the oil/transmission pan skid?

I have the savvy tummy tuck and the bolt in crossmember makes a world of difference.

Yes thank you I wasn't thinking about the transmissions. Went from the 32RH to the 42RLE in the auto class. I don't remember what year they went to the 6 speed from the 5 speed manual. If you look at the picture of the Nth Degree skid you'll notice the multiple holes for the different transmission mounts.
The '05 and '06 models were the 6 speed transmission.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Makes sense, but is there a difference on the oil/transmission pan skid?

I have the savvy tummy tuck and the bolt in crossmember makes a world of difference.
Although I've had both the early and late models, I sold my early version a while ago. However, I don't recall any differences in the oil pan skid between the two.

If you want it just place the order. Had you placed the order 4 months ago, you probably would have had it by now. Just my way of thinking 🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s a pretty standard way to operate. Unfortunately, that was not an option. 🤷‍♂️

I ordered a Savvy TT on backorder many months ago. When my budget allowed, I then tried to order the engine and trans skid about six weeks ago, but the website would not let me place an order. (It said “out of stock” for the engine/trans skid).

I reached out to Savvy and didn’t hear back. I’ll check their website again now since I still need a skid.

Last edited:
I know that at least one of the laser shops they use has just a skeleton crew still there due to lack of material. I just got notice that a fastener order I placed a couple of weeks ago is cancelled due to no inventory and no current ETA.
Makes sense. As soon as I noticed the option saying “out of stock” (and it would not let me place an order) instead of “back order,” I assumed there might be a shortage of of materials. However, I wasn’t able to confirm it with Savvy.

Reactions: Wildman
Makes sense. As soon as I noticed the option saying “out of stock” (and it would not let me place an order) instead of “back order,” I assumed there might be a shortage of of materials. However, I wasn’t able to confirm it with Savvy.
I got responses back about this exact problem. They had said they got shipments of the skid get delivered but since they never were order-able on the website they must be fulfilling backorders still.

Reactions: MikeE024
I got responses back about this exact problem. They had said they got shipments of the skid get delivered but since they never were order-able on the website they must be fulfilling backorders still.

Thanks for the update. In the big picture, I'm just glad that they are still offering the part. I look forward to getting my hands on one of these.

(website status as of 10/4)

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 12.58.40 PM.png

Reactions: Jamesval035
Thanks for the update. In the big picture, I'm just glad that they are still offering the part. I look forward to getting my hands on one of these.

(website status as of 10/4)

View attachment 281366
That is the exact image I have been looking at for months. I have been tempted on other skids but it isn't vital for me to have one so I am going to hold out

I ordered a Savvy TT on backorder many months ago. When my budget allowed, I then tried to order the engine and trans skid about six weeks ago, but the website would not let me place an order. (It said “out of stock” for the engine/trans skid).

I reached out to Savvy and didn’t hear back. I’ll check their website again now since I still need a skid.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok. That stinks. Well, I’d def wait then as it’s a good piece of equipment to have

Reactions: MikeE024
Jumping in.

My '06 LJR has the Nth Degree tummy tuck and a big ole transfer case skid (c. 2016 install) but no engine skid. Is there a particular engine skid best suited to bolt up?

Thanks.

Jumping in.

My '06 LJR has the Nth Degree tummy tuck and a big ole transfer case skid (c. 2016 install) but no engine skid. Is there a particular engine skid best suited to bolt up?

Thanks.

I had a Skid Row engine skid bolted to mine.
Do you want steel or aluminum?

Reactions: NOTNSUV
I had a Skid Row engine skid bolted to mine.
Do you want steel or aluminum?
Hell's bells, I dunno.. lol. Weight, durability, ease of installation. Not a hard core crawler but feel naked.

I'll look at SR.
Pic on 4WP seems to show it lower than the Nth.. that ok? and how yours is?
Forgive my continued ignorance, I haven't had a Wrangler since before Wranglers (CJ-5).

Thanks.

Hell's bells, I dunno.. lol. Weight, durability, ease of installation. Not a hard core crawler but feel naked.

I'll look at SR.

Thanks.

A UCF skid will bolt up also and comes in both steel or aluminum.

And I bent my Skid Row skid just to let you know.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
This helps for the UCF:

"There are 2 sets of mounting holes on the front side of the engine skid to provide different mounting locations so that you can take advantage of the clearance afforded by a motor mount lift."

Not finding in a search. Not a lot of Nth Degree these days.

Will the Savvy engine skid will work with Nth degreee TT/ transfer case skid?