Savvy Lift and Suspension Cycling Question

Willhugh

I'm in the home stretch of my winter build and need someone to sanity check me on shock lengths. I installed a 4" Savvy short arm lift with Currie track bars and steering, and Currie bump stop kit. The axles have had weight on them for two weeks now.

I pulled the rear springs today and cycled the suspension to take measurements and check for interference. I came up with the following:

Shock length at ride height: 22"
Shock length at full bump: 16"
Fully extended: 29" (though I'm waiting on my drive shaft and sway bar links, so might have interference before that)

These measurements seem to put me in the category of shocks intended for 6" lifts, vs the ones that are generally suggested for 4". In particular I've been looking at the Black Max. Based on spring measurements I seem to have netted closer to 5" of lift.

I'm not opposed to running a longer shock, if that's what makes sense, just wondering whether I should expect the springs to settle a bit, or if the measurements I'm getting indicate that I may have screwed something else up.

Thanks for any insight you can share.

- Will

Find a Black Max that gets you close to 50/50 travel from ride height.

Reactions: pagrey
Find a Black Max that gets you close to 50/50 travel from ride height.
They have a 16.05" - 27.33" which would give me 6" up and 5.3" down, for 11.3" of total travel. Seems fairly ideal. Was surprised by the ride height, but I guess it is what it is and I should follow what the numbers dictate.

If the springs settle it will only improve the bias.

Reactions: pagrey