Savvy Under Armor / Skid Plate Install Write-Up

Any advice for installing the engine/trans skid? I have the mounts installed, but there’s a lot of interference with the exhaust where it wraps around the driver’s side of the engine. The bolt holes don’t all reach the belly skid. What arrangement of parts has worked for others?

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

Any advice for installing the engine/trans skid? I have the mounts installed, but there’s a lot of interference with the exhaust where it wraps around the driver’s side of the engine. The bolt holes don’t all reach the belly skid. What arrangement of parts has worked for others?

View attachment 495900

View attachment 495901

View attachment 495903

Try getting the drivers side angle bracket in front of the skid plate. Found this older forum image for reference. But they are using the short bracket at the driver’s engine mount. that should helps shift that left side of the engine skid plate further back onto the transfer case skid. Hope that helps

Edit: the image was pulled from this thread
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...-valve-mated-to-oem-transfer-case-skid.15366/

IMG_6719.jpeg

Thanks. Looking at my pics again, I can’t explain why I didn’t try that 🤣

I would also leave the engine skid hardware loose except the mounts under the motor mounts. That gives you a chance to maneuver the skid until it plays nice with the exhaust, trans, and TC skid. Make sure you have a decent overlap between the engine and TC skid.
IMG_0852.jpeg

Once you have the skid where you want it, clamp it down, punch your holes, and attach it to your TC skid. It won’t be moving after that. I then went back through and cranked down the engine skid hardware with a 3/8” impact. It drove everything home just fine.

There might be a “proper” way of doing it, but it’s what worked for me.