Saw a red Gladiator today

Did somebody say iPhone....smells like what they do and put a huge price tag on it for virtually the same phone as before haha....but in saying that people do lap them up , crazy!!!
I compared my iPhone X S Max to my iPhone 5 and could hardly tell a difference... you're right.

I think your forgot the, “Just kidding,” on your post. 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
When did you purchase your 2015 GMC Sierria? Those suckers can cost upwards of $60k, correct?
Sticker was $50,535. SLT Pretty much loaded. Only other thing I would want on it is the 6.2 engine and they were in short supply then so too costly. I could have gotten the Denali but all that would have got me really was a $4 set of wheels. With the Sierra I can tow 9,000 lbs, take four teenage baseball players comfortably to a tournament, and lock guns up in the back seat when I stop for lunch on the way home from the range. Not all at the same time but can't do that with the J6. Then when I get home I can pull the topless/doorless TJ out of the garage and hit the trails.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Yet a lot of TJ/LJ owners complain about 12-14 miles per gallon (crappy fuel milage...wanting more)

Note: once this is posted and read, sure enough members will stand proud behind their crappy 12-14 mpg’s.

I’m just being Devil’s advocate here.
Heh, yea, I wish I had better mpg from my TJ, but I wouldn't take it if it meant having a start/stop function. I just couldn't get used to that.

That said, if they made an electric/hybrid engine for the TJ, I'd strongly consider it, although I'd definitely miss the current engine sound.

Heh, yea, I wish I had better mpg from my TJ, but I wouldn't take it if it meant having a start/stop function. I just couldn't get used to that.

That said, if they made an electric/hybrid engine for the TJ, I'd strongly consider it, although I'd definitely miss the current engine sound.
It’s a button. Just like your radio. You turn it off or on. Just once and it’s done when you get in the jeep. This isn’t that hard haha

Reactions: Equilibrium31
It’s a button. Just like your radio. You turn it off or on. Just once and it’s done when you get in the jeep. This isn’t that hard haha
Its also inconspicuous when left on when in the driver’s seat.

Im not putting words in anyone’s mouth, but my guess is that people dont like it for two reasons.
1.) its a change, some people cant get over that.
2.) They think/worry that once coming to a stop and the engine cutting off, it wont start back up...but no one blinks an eye at electric cruise control, electronic throttle bodies (fly by wire) or electric steering...

Imagine if the everyday person knew what went into getting and keeping a plane off the ground. Thats a lot of new and old technology and a lot of dependence on sensors and electronics.

Last edited:
Its also inconspicuous when left on when in the driver’s seat.

Im not putting words in anyone’s mouth, but my guess is that people dont like it for two reasons.
1.) its a change, some people cant get over that.
2.) They think/worry that once coming to a stop and the engine cutting off, it wont start back up...but no one blinks an eye at electric cruise control, electronic throttle bodies (fly by wire) or electric steering...

Imagine if the everyday person knew what went into getting and keeping a plane off the ground. Thats a lot of new and old technology and a lot of dependence on sensors and electronics.
I can't speak for others, but for me, it's really a pretty irrational pet peeve that I can't entirely justify. If there is a button you can toggle it off with, then that's not so bad, but something about hearing the engine start-up sound after a normal stop light just *feels* wrong.

I can't speak for others, but for me, it's really a pretty irrational pet peeve that I can't entirely justify. If there is a button you can toggle it off with, then that's not so bad, but something about hearing the engine start-up sound after a normal stop light just *feels* wrong.
Well your feelings are affected by your thoughts. Its a pet peeve, nothing wrong with that.

I have a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk for a work ride. Your assessment is spot on, and I don't mind pressing the button to turn it off.

Reactions: Starrs
Always thought the Gladiator concept is good... but not this design. Way too many non essential cuts and curves on the design that take away from the overall look of it and is what makes it look like you literally hacked 2 or 3 different vehicles together or the designers had a fight and this was the compromise.