Scam TJ Rubicon is back on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEREALJIM

TJ Enthusiast
That black TJ Rubicon is back on the facebook marketplace for the low price of $1501! Don't fall for this lol

Screenshot_20200926-115129_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200926-115148_Facebook.jpg

Are they really scams or are they just used car dealers posting the down payment as the price to get more views?

I was looking for a first car back in feb. budget was 5K. Wound up paying 4 and then getting a HT for a total of 5K and that was lucky. You saw these all the time, same stock photo for like 1.5K and 40 of them all from diff people.

Yep, I see them all the time and it’s gotten to the point where they are incredibly easy to spot.

These scam listings appear on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and Offerup. As Chris mentioned, they're pretty easy to spot.

Reactions: THEREALJIM
These scam listings appear on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and Offerup. As Chris mentioned, they're pretty easy to spot.
Yeah I remember seeing this same picture pop up like a year and a half ago on Craigslist when I first started looking for Jeeps again. Figured the price was a typo so I messaged the seller and instantly got a huge message back about how the person selling it was not the owner but they were selling it for their brother's, cousin's, stepsister's ex boyfriend's friend that was serving overseas but if I put a $1500 paypal deposit down ASAP I would be at the top of the list to get it! What a deal!😑

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Are they really scams or are they just used car dealers posting the down payment as the price to get more views?
They are scams, I haven't seen this black rubicon for a while but it used to be everywhere. There is also a red rubicon that is always floating around at the same price, usually see that one on the Letgo app

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
There is a yellow Tj Rubicon now on there for 1600... guess they went up 100 bucks😂

• Haha
Reactions: THEREALJIM

From what I’ve seen, it’s scammers.

Dealers tend to douche up craigslist by adding an insane amount of unrelated tags to their listings. I’ve searched for specific TJ parts and find myself scrolling through effin’ used Mazda Miata ads.

It’s annoying as shit.

I regularly fantasize about finding a clean LJ at a dealer that doesn't know what an LJ is and prices it as a TJ. Even with their typical markups it would be a good deal.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
I regularly fantasize about finding a clean LJ at a dealer that doesn't know what an LJ is and prices it as a TJ. Even with their typical markups it would be a good deal.
Bought my LJ 4yrs ago from a Ford dealer. Saw it on a Monday had 78k on it and listed for 14k. Drug my feet till my day off on Thursday. I worked nights and got off work Thursday morning checked and they still had it. When I woke up at noon the price was 18k. I called and asked the salesman what happened to 14 and he said the internet people priced it wrong but said they'd honor 14k. I started nitpicking everything I could and got them down to 13. Wasn't anything wrong with it just needed some adjustment on the steering box.

Status
Not open for further replies.