Scan tool options

williambmac

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Has anyone come across a scan tool other than the DRB3 that will allow you to resync cam/crank sensors? My Modis doesn't have the features.
I was wondering if any of the knock off brands on Amazon have this feature.

Reactions: Rickyd
I did the Cam Crank relearn on my 2006 TJ 4.0L with a Foxwell 510 Elite,
but it took several goes and it is a very slow scan tool compared to others that I have used.
I dialed the OPDA in to the lowest value difference that I could get before doing the relearn.
It's probably easier to dial in the OPDA to the existing learned Cam Crank Learned value by using the live data stream feature of the Foxwell 510Elite.
The image below is with the engine running, the learned value is constant and the Cam Crank Difference varies by about 0.1

IMG20240329142459.jpg

I have an Innova 5610 which has bi-directional support. I used it to do a cam/crank relearn when i first got my LJ. Took all of 30 seconds. No issues.

Amazon Link

I will have to check mine. I picked up something that will put the transmission into quicklearn and it has quite a few other functions. I haven't explored them all, but it does bi-directional communication with the PCM.

[URL][URL]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YRDGY3Z/?tag=wranglerorg-20[/URL][/URL]

Dang, forgot to update this thread. The ThinkDiag dongle DOES in fact allow you to view the cam sync and rotate the sensor to get it in position. You can also force the PCM to "relearn" sensor positions.

Reactions: Bigfoot-NM and sab
Dang, forgot to update this thread. The ThinkDiag dongle DOES in fact allow you to view the cam sync and rotate the sensor to get it in position. You can also force the PCM to "relearn" sensor positions.

Does it allow you to view the learned value?
My foxwell 510Elite will often complete a relearn but not actualy change the learned value, so being able to verify that the relearn took effect is important.

Dialing in the opda requires a verified relearn or knowing that it is dialed in to the current learnt value.

Reactions: FarFire70
I have an Innova 5610 which has bi-directional support. I used it to do a cam/crank relearn when i first got my LJ. Took all of 30 seconds. No issues.

Amazon Link

FYI for anyone who wants this it's currently priced at 30% off. I don't know if that's typical or not but figured I'd point it out, it was $345 last week when I looked ant $241 today.