Scored some JK wheels, but don't know what to do with them

oaklandopen

But i don't know what to do with them. Basic 17" from a sport

Option 1: use on the tj, and im not planning on going over 32" or higher than 2" lift.
Pro: I think they look good
Con: wifey no likey

Option 2: use on our wk2 overland....if they fit. Ive seen others using 17s from a quick search and ours has tow package with 20s. And if they WERE to work (not sure if the TPMS is compatible either)I don't know if I'd want to use them for a better snow tire or off road tire
Offroad Pro: off road tire means we could take it offroading wherever but keep all the features and amenities our bougie asses are accustomed to
Con: but princess would get dirty, and that's what the tj is for anyway
Snow tire pros: a better snow tire would be muuuuuch better than the stock tires, would save the 20s from damage during winter use, better than low pro for potholes
Con: cumbersome to mount and dismount; in delaware winter isn't THAT bad normally, although there have been some freak years and my job requires me to work at any time

Option 3: sell
Pro: quick cash
Con: wouldn't be able to do any of those other options

I really appreciated the separate snow wheel/tire option I went for with my 15 cherokee, worked out really well for the one season I used them. Then I traded it in for a truck because I will always need a truck. And although id love to do a winter wheel/tire setup for the truck that's not in the cards for me right now, but I digress

So im a little stuck on what to do and I need some opinions. I haven't really taken a hard look at them to see their condition, so i don't know what they'd fetch if i put them up for sale. Pretty sure they'll need tires though. And my selling options would be limited to local though FB or CL cuz I just find it easier to deal with

Be aware they won’t bolt up to the TJ Jeep. The CJ/YJ/TJ Jeeps use a 5x4.5 wheel pattern, but starting with the JK the Jeeps use 5x5. You’ll need to use wheel hub adapters, which will cause the wheels to stick out 1-2” extra depending on which ones you buy.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with using them for that reason unless I specifically wanted to use that rim for style.

I'd probably just sell them. IMHO, they don't look good on TJs unless they have 35" tires. Just my personal opinion of course.

im not even sure they'll fetch much if i sell them. when i open fb or cl i feel like wrangler parts are flooded with the jk wheels like i have. i've seen prices all over the place and sometimes make no sense. some ppl try to sell scuffed and low tread for $500, and others are selling ones that look pristine for $200

i guess it's still not a loss for me since i didn't buy them in the first place. although i've been sitting on a set of winter wheels/tires i had on my old cherokee for several years and no bites.

probably going to post them for sale