Seating capacity

Have you got a receiver hitch? You could add two more seats.

096611-2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and lBasket
It’s cramped but we added a 3rd seat belt to my brothers Jeep and we did something similar to a yj but we re shaped the wheel well and put a JK rear seat in it

So I have a 2016 crew cab std. bed 2500HD, 100k miles on it and paid off. Worth maybe 22k, it's a gasser base model and a little beat up.

So the choices I am considering are:
(1) trade my truck for a base JKU in the mid-20k range.
(2) trade my truck for a new base model JLU
(3) Keep my truck and get a crew side by side.

Those are probably in increasing order of cost, since a side by side is probably 17k or so. Other than turning around off-road, I do like my truck.

Anyone have any thoughts about the merits of a 4 door wrangler vs. a side by side for exploring forest roads? Recognizing that this is a TJ forum and it may be best just to ask somewhere else ...

Keep your TJ and pickup truck. Buy the crew side by side and a trailer. You get to keep the TJ you love. You keep the paid off pickup, which fits 5, and has many other multi purpose uses that you don't get with a TJ, JKU / JLU. You'll be packed tight with 5 plus all their gear in a JKU / JLU. The pickup hauls your new crew of 5, with plenty of room for loads of gear and stuff, along with your trailered side by side to enjoy exploring forest roads. Also no real worries about trail breakdowns and not having a ride back. And should your relationship not work out, well, you still have your present vehicles , plus a bonus side by side.

I've decided to get rid of the truck and tj and buy a 67 corvette convertible with a 427 and a muncie four speed. kids can just walk.

1967-Chevrolet-Corvette-L88-Roadster-1524392282.jpg

I love to hear a reasonable sound minded family man. Just be sure to make it an L-88 :cool:

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC