Washington Seattle area guys

Ejforan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
There may be a thread for this already but do you guys know about some nice places to take your jeep on light offroad for good destinations

let me know when you hear of some ...

Last edited:
Reactions: DaYooperTransplant
Is this it for Washington Wheelers? :cry:

I'm located in Kingston,Washington. Transplanted from the east coast to the right coast 6 years ago. Click here for WA trail maps I found this site useful if you are looking for more than logging roads.

Its' pretty limited in Kitsap county, but Tahuya is the closest place to me. It's about 20 minutes from Bremerton. It's a good get your feet wet place. Evans Creek and Walker Valley have fun trails as well. They are all pretty much along the cascade mountain ranges. Quilcene has Bon John which is washed out forest roads. I usually head up there to go shooting. There's one main stone road takes you from Quilcene all the way into Squim across the Olympics. The off shoots are where you can play. I like going up there for snow runs in the winter though.

If you are on my side of the sound there's a jeep club in Silverdale and I think Around the Sound Jeep Club on the other side. The Silverdale crew run stocker runs the first Saturday of every month.

do you have contacts for them? the Jeep club in Silverdale?

I am new to this forum and just got a new Jeep (new to me...2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon). I used to 'wheel my 95 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) and later and old CJ. Had run the ZJ at Tahuya and both at Evans Creek. Went to two PNW4WDA trail jamborees in the ZJ.

I was thinking about taking a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab to check out Tahuya, but a contact from Quadrapaws basically talked me out of it (I don't think he knew that's what he was doing, but it was so). That truck has been traded in.

Now that I have the LJR, I itch for the dirt! I would welcome an informal outing and will probably try to make the July "Newbie" Run" with them. I live in Dupont (next to JBLM), so it isn't TOO far away.

Rob

Welcome Rob! I keep meaning to hook up with Quadrapaws since they are in my general area. Congrats on the new jeep! We all need to do a Washington wheeling day this summer.

I am in the Snoqualmie-Baker area and was wondering if any of you guys know good forest roads mainly with views. I have heard about tonga (nf-6830) and am going to check it out. Would love to hear all of your guys experiences.

Evans Creek has views of Mt Rainer. If you are looking for easier drives you could always do Hurricane Ridge in Port Angeles which puts you on top of the olympics. Plenty of nice hiking trails once you are up there.

A couple places that you might want to check out, mostly just forest roads but great views, is the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, and Capitol Forest. Both a drive from your location. I used to do a lot of elk and deer hunting in the Gifford Pinchot area and there are some great views. Especially of St. Helens. Capitol Forest isn't as grand, but on a nice clear day you can get some decent views of the Olympics and Rainier to the east.

As far as the G.P. Forest, you can enter in a few locations, but we always went in around Packwood or Randle, WA. There are a few sites that you will be able to see Rainier, Adams, Helens and Hood.

Let us know what you find and throw up a few photos of your trip.

I definately will. A couple days ago I went up to spada lake. Its a real road that just turns to gravel so its super easy.

D5434250-EF72-47C7-A639-F2CC1857BF82.jpeg

113064B8-1942-4529-9EA0-18FB5A921692.jpeg

AD6893F3-D5CD-4448-8B35-5E08556D3E09.jpeg

Evans Creek has views of Mt Rainer. If you are looking for easier drives you could always do Hurricane Ridge in Port Angeles which puts you on top of the olympics. Plenty of nice hiking trails once you are up there.
I want to head out to the peninsula for a weekend to go exploring for sure. Everything's so beautiful there.

Reactions: Twopoint