Seicane Stereo review

Twopoint

TJ Pupil ... and all it entails...
Lifetime Supporting Member
I ordered a Seicane stereo and it took a while to get it. I picked up an 03 console to get it installed.

I am really not impressed with Seicane
I did not receive the radio I ordered. I ordered the WIN CE, what I received was the Android version.
When I went back to the website. all traces of the WINCE had been removed. So I figured I would give it a try.

what I received:
https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscr...l-control-mirror-link-1080p-tv-usb-sd-s23838e
the thing is basically a phone in the dash. so everything you start the car, it is not instant Music... it takes 2-3 minutes to boot. and it really wants to be connected to the internet. it was not too bad... good idea, badly implemented.

it came with all or the correct wiring to make it work, but none of the mounting brackets.

it only has 2G of memory. so you can't download a decent list through Spotify

it randomly locks up. in order to unlock it, you need to turn off the engine, then turn it back on. I later found out you can reset it using a needle on the front of the thing.

trying to auto adjust time, either through the network or using GPS it was always 2-3 hours off. I had to go in and set the time manually. but even then, it would occasionally change and be 1 to 2 hours off, then magically would change back.

I have contacted the company about getting it returned, all they want me to do is reset it. Multiple times
only when I demanded that it be returned and that it had already been removed from the vehicle
I was given the info to return it,
they REQUIRED it to be returned via EMS which turned out to be almost a third the cost of stereo

I have already removed it and replaced it with a Sony XAV-AX5000
I am already MUCH happier with it

I ordered a Seicane stereo and it took a while to get it. I picked up an 03 console to get it installed.

I am really not impressed with Seicane
I did not receive the radio I ordered. I ordered the WIN CE, what I received was the Android version.
When I went back to the website. all traces of the WINCE had been removed. So I figured I would give it a try.

what I received:
https://www.seicane.com/hd-touchscr...l-control-mirror-link-1080p-tv-usb-sd-s23838e
the thing is basically a phone in the dash. so everything you start the car, it is not instant Music... it takes 2-3 minutes to boot. and it really wants to be connected to the internet. it was not too bad... good idea, badly implemented.

it came with all or the correct wiring to make it work, but none of the mounting brackets.

it only has 2G of memory. so you can't download a decent list through Spotify

it randomly locks up. in order to unlock it, you need to turn off the engine, then turn it back on. I later found out you can reset it using a needle on the front of the thing.

trying to auto adjust time, either through the network or using GPS it was always 2-3 hours off. I had to go in and set the time manually. but even then, it would occasionally change and be 1 to 2 hours off, then magically would change back.

I have contacted the company about getting it returned, all they want me to do is reset it. Multiple times
only when I demanded that it be returned and that it had already been removed from the vehicle
I was given the info to return it,
they REQUIRED it to be returned via EMS which turned out to be almost a third the cost of stereo

I have already removed it and replaced it with a Sony XAV-AX5000
I am already MUCH happier with it

Sorry to hear about this...and not to be a douche, but why I always recommend staying away from Ebay specials and to stick with the name brands, Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, Sony etc.

Sucks, but it is what it is. Glad you have that Sony installed and all is good.

LOL, didn't get it through eBay.. bought it direct, which was even worse.
They said they were in Taiwan, they weren't....

LOL, didn't get it through eBay.. bought it direct, which was even worse.
They said they were in Taiwan, they weren't....

Ha, indeed it is. I use the term Ebay special interchangeably with a Chinese special as that is what Ebay has turned into.

Ha, Taiwan, just like 90% of US Limited Liability Companies are domiciled in Delaware...too funny! So where were they really located?

Reactions: Twopoint
I had to look it up...appears that the company is run by a bunch of middle and high school kids.