She's a Keeper

Neal

TJ Enthusiast
Just wanted to give a shout out to my wife, Myrna, who has earned the nickname "Jeep Girl Extraordinaire" for her unstinting support of my Jeep addiction. She has been at least as enthusiastic concerning my obsession over the years as I have, despite the pile of money it has cost us, because she is just as eager as I am to see what is on the other side of the mountain (or in this case, Imogene Pass).

IMG_4704.JPG

A few months after this photo was taken (September 2019) we were discussing our finances and she tosses out this idea: "I think it's time for that front locker". What else could I say in response but "Yes, dear"? Got it installed in time for the following year's Silverton trip and did the Wall at Poughkeepsie Gulch. She does this sort of thing to me all the time.

This morning I mentioned that I was planning to take a few days off around our anniversary next month and wondering what we could do with the time. Her immediate response was: "So... is the Jeep ready for Moab?" 😲 Forty three years and she still manages to pull stuff like this out of her hat. Looks like we're headed to Moab next month.

I ain't never letting go of this woman.

I have messed with jeeps almost my entire life and I've also been through a few relationships in that time and I always had women who supported my jeep addiction. I honestly couldn't be with someone who didn't understand or at least support the jeep life.

A keeper for sure! My wife isn’t too into off-roading, but she certainly supports my vehicle addiction lol. Between my TJ and Camaro I have spent my fair share and she’s always been supportive.

Great photo of Imogene Pass. That's on my bucket list. We drove CA Pass years ago. Talk about significant other. I'm on number three ;) and I guess third time is the charm because she wheels with me when she can and always refers to wheeling to riding her quarter horse, with the exception of the bucking part of course and as far as $$ spent, well its my money as she always says and you can't take it with you to the grave so spend away. That's my kind of gal.

Enjoy MOAB! Great trails and beautiful views. Btw, shout out to OKRV if your thinking of a place to stay. They have cabins, & motor homes to rent (to call home for the week), Or great RV sites with nice spacing on each site, nice and clean facilities and off the main drag but close to the trails.

Just wanted to give a shout out to my wife, Myrna, who has earned the nickname "Jeep Girl Extraordinaire" for her unstinting support of my Jeep addiction. She has been at least as enthusiastic concerning my obsession over the years as I have, despite the pile of money it has cost us, because she is just as eager as I am to see what is on the other side of the mountain (or in this case, Imogene Pass).

View attachment 253981

A few months after this photo was taken (September 2019) we were discussing our finances and she tosses out this idea: "I think it's time for that front locker". What else could I say in response but "Yes, dear"? Got it installed in time for the following year's Silverton trip and did the Wall at Poughkeepsie Gulch. She does this sort of thing to me all the time.

This morning I mentioned that I was planning to take a few days off around our anniversary next month and wondering what we could do with the time. Her immediate response was: "So... is the Jeep ready for Moab?" 😲 Forty three years and she still manages to pull stuff like this out of her hat. Looks like we're headed to Moab next month.

Nice post brother!

I've been blessed as well to find my way through life with a partner that completely supports my vehicle addiction. Never so much as batted an eye when I've said something like "I just found a really awesome (fill in the blank) over in (fill in a surrounding state). I'm leaving after dinner to go check it out."

There's almost always a project in my garage or driveway, and sometimes it takes some creativity for her to get her truck out to get the kids to school.

She's also gotten the 4-wheeling bug now as well. After having to skip out on some trails this last trip at Moab she's adamant about me installing them so we can go do it all.

And, she now wants me to start building her Lexus GX460!

View attachment 253981

Congratulations to you Neal. I'm fortunate to have one as well. She loves the Jeep and 4 wheeling, hunting & fishing right along with me. She's my best friend (with benefits) :)

Great story @Neal, always good to read of the support another husband gets from his wife. It's important it works both ways. Fortunately, my wife is the same (I have 4 Jeeps), and I support her quirks too, but I admit I'm not as enthusiastic about working on the house or the patio as I am a Jeep. 😊 Nice pic of Imogene Pass!