She's rusty, but she's mine

I know it has been too long since my last update, but it is on the ground. Everything is done other than the fenders and top replacement. I am waiting on better weather to paint the fenders and hot weather to put on the top.
20200419_165157.jpg
20200416_153423.jpg

Palm Coast is really pretty. Spent my 40th birthday there for a weekend and it was great.

We love that whole area. I'm a Colts fan, and we flew into Jacksonville for the last regular season game to watch the Jags whoop the Colts, but we made the most of the trip by going to St. Augustine and hanging out in Flagler Beach for a day.

We love that whole area. I'm a Colts fan, and we flew into Jacksonville for the last regular season game to watch the Jags whoop the Colts, but we made the most of the trip by going to St. Augustine and hanging out in Flagler Beach for a day.
You'll find no shortage of Colts fans, and Indiana born people in general here. My wife is both, and sadly wears her Colts jersey to Jags games. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: RobertJ
She's done. Got her inspected Friday and failed for dash brake light indicator and fixed that today, so Monday morning she'll have a fresh inspection sticker. I started with $1,200, ordered around $4,000 in parts including top, tires and wheels, and put in a ton of hours. I am super happy with the stock build end result and glad I could save this TJ from the parts heap. I know I am not a good build thread writer, but it is mostly due to I'd rather be working on my Jeep.

Final pics:

20200516_151539.jpg
20200516_151533_HDR.jpg
20200516_151556_HDR.jpg
20200516_151521.jpg

20200516_151556_HDR.jpg

I could only dream of having a little of your skills. Amazing job. Beautiful Jeep.

Thanks for the compliment! It's definitely not perfect, and I'd like to paint the entire thing someday. I did some touch up and paint work here and there, and it came out pretty nice. Most of the work was underneath though, and I'm proud of what I accomplished.

When I retire in a few years I'm getting a pole barn with a lift. In the DC area, one car garages are the norm for a working class family. That garage I had in Indiana (with the Firebird pics) was a four car tandem. Loved it!

Last edited: