Shocks for 2019 F250

bucky

Old Fart
Supporting Member
I have a stock 2019 F250 supercab FX4 10,000lb gvw 29,000 miles. I pull a 10,000lb equipment trailer off road often. The majority of my off roading is low speed 25mph or less. I had the front end rebuilt at 7,500 miles due to death wobble. It has always had excessive, in my opinion, wheel hop when hitting large bumps at speed. One of the front shocks is leaking and I want to replace all of the shocks. I do not trust any of the parts store employees to know the correct shocks that I need. My budget is $100 +- per shock. Any suggestions?

1740C002-44B7-4ACA-AB24-EB5297897671.jpeg

Bilstein. I just put the Bilstein 5100's on the rear of my 2019 F350 SRW (16,000 miles). I kept reading about how bad the factory shocks were, and after towing my 5th wheel on our last trip I realized the factory shocks were not performing well. I replaced the rear shocks after completing our last trip, and the change is pretty significant with just the rear shocks replaced. The truck feels more planted to the road, and the ride, while firm, is better. I haven't replaced the front shocks yet, as there are not any Bilstein front shocks available for my truck, as they are on backorder everywhere I've looked.

Reactions: 03coloradowrangler
Do you happen to have the part numbers?

side note: wife and I went to the beach this weekend and there are so many container ships waiting to unload in LA that they are mooring them miles from the port. That’s where our stuff is.

Rear Shocks - Bilstein 24-274968 - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks
Front Shocks -

Bilstein 24-274937 - Bilstein B6 4600​

The Bilstein 5100 front shocks are for lifted trucks with 2-2.5 lifts. This is the reason I gave you the part # for the Bilstein 4600.

Thanks, I went on their site and see that the do not make a 5100 for the front but they do for the rear. I guess I’ll just order 4600 all the way around. At least they seem to be in stock. Taking a road trip up to North Dakota to pick up one of my equipment trailers later this month and do not want any issues. When I went up this May I hit a relatively smooth off angle train crossing at 65mph fully loaded and pulling 10,000# trailer and it was all I could do to keep it out of the ditch. Had to check my shorts when I arrived at my destination 1.5hrs later. Death wobble is a bitch.

You found front Bilstein 4600 shocks for your truck? Everywhere I've looked said delivery sometime in October.
No on the sites that said they had them when I went further through the purchase process they were on back order. Apparently most sites just drop ship from Bilstein. I did not realize Bilsteins were made in China.
I do not want to back order them because I do not know when they will come in and I might find a different solution.

FWIW I run the Rancho 9000XLs on my 2020 f350 DRW. I have a 4400 lb arctic Fox truck camper and pull my jeep behind on a carhauler though so I appreciate the ability to set them at 4 most of the time and bring it up to 9 when im loaded.

had a factory shock leaking at 600 miles before i even towed anything.

Havent had any issues with them yet...
YMMV.

IMG_20201222_101939848_HDR.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
https://www.carparts.com/details/Fo...e72bc43c6a1a17be739fa52b47f58858&gclsrc=3p.ds

For stock applications always had good luck with Monroe. Anything is usually better than the factory junk, although my 2017 F350 had the FX4 package with Rancho’s and they did fine towing and daily use without issue. I ready they are basically Monroe shocks and painted and licensed to have Rancho’s name due to popularity reasons.

🤷‍♂️

Finally got my Bilstein 4600 shocks that have been on backorder. I do not see much change in the overall ride comfort and handling on curves seems better. What I do notice is the wheel hop after hitting a bump is gone and the front dose not bottom out when I hit a dip in the road. I have not been off road yet but I did drive 1800 miles with 800 lbs in the bed and pulling 6K lbs trailer with no issues. Over all I feel it was a great $325 investment.