Should I be ashamed?

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having one of those times of life where I really am stepping back and looking at things...

And it dawned on me today so much of the stuff I come up with to do is nothing more than an excuse to drive my Jeep.

Am I the only one?

Last edited:
I've been doing that since age 16. Driving has always been my thing, and I've always tried to keep one around just for fun. Now if I have to run an errand on a nice day I either take take the TJ or the Mercury. The other day I had to run to the lumber yard to get some boards and I was bummed that I had to drive my 1500 Chevy with a great stereo, heated/cooled seats, and a real nice ride. Meh.

Yes.

E986BAED-3870-4D77-A500-F2180B0FFC93.jpeg

Reactions: AndyG
And, I have a fully loaded F150. A fully loaded 4Runner.

I drive the Jeep most of the time if I’m not doing anything in particular, run to the store, oh I need this or that, honey you want a coffee from town? 😆
And if I was taking the kids to sports, they would always request to take the Jeep, even in winter and they have heated seats in the back of my truck, they would rather be cold and ride in the Jeep.

Gonna sell that truck. Lol

And, I have a fully loaded F150. A fully loaded 4Runner.

I drive the Jeep most of the time if I’m not doing anything in particular, run to the store, oh I need this or that, honey you want a coffee from town? 😆
And if I was taking the kids to sports, they would always request to take the Jeep, even in winter and they have heated seats in the back of my truck, they would rather be cold and ride in the Jeep.

Gonna sell that truck. Lol

Yeah, when the spring rains leave (another couple of weeks here) and the door come off the TJ turns into my wife's daily driver for EVERYTHING. I get to drive it on the weekends if it's available but NEVER to work during the week. Her loaded Lexus GX460 gets practically mothballed during the summer unless she has to travel on the highway. My kids don't miss the rear entertainment system in the 460 because they get to wave to other Jeeps on the way to school everyday, and my son said his friends think it's cool how he just bails out the side when mom drops him off.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I will take the LJ over the Silverado when possible. But, I am ashamed to say, I usually pick the Ural over both if I can.
You’re a Ural guy huh? I knew one once, had a handlebar mustache and once wore a male bikini to a work function on the beach with pierced nipples. That may not be relevant to this conversation, but it’s the only association that I have with those those things.

You’re a Ural guy huh? I knew one once, had a handlebar mustache and once wore a male bikini to a work function on the beach with pierced nipples. That may not be relevant to this conversation, but it’s the only association that I have with those those things.
Ewww. Definitely not me. Or any other Ural owner I know. Most of us are jeans and t-shirts. And many are just cranky old farts.

The only reason I didn’t buy a Surly bicycle was I thought that tats and piercings were required to own one.;)

I have a stuffed M6 Gran Coupe tuned and running race fuel, lots of fun. Well, Ive driven the LJ everyday Ive had it that it could be driven. My wife even loves it. So, no. Don't be ashamed!

Reactions: AndyG