Should I buy Rough Country sway bar disconnects?

driver

Supporting Member
I’ve been looking for sway bar discos lately. I’ve eyeing JKS, but I found someone selling a brand new pair of Rough Country discos locally for $30.

At that price I’m tempted to pull the trigger. Has anyone run those and have an opinion on them?

I have the JKS disconnects and they've been great for over 5 years with lots of trips both connected and disconnected. My buddy went through two pairs of the RC disconnects in about a month on his zj. They bend too easily when connected.

Reactions: driver
Rough country stuff is absolute garbage! I bought a 4 inch lift when I first got my tj and the only thing left are the springs everything else has been swapped out for currie except my trac bars they are from teraflex. Wouldnt ever waste my money on RoughCountry garbage again!

Rough country stuff is absolute garbage! I bought a 4 inch lift when I first got my tj and the only thing left are the springs everything else has been swapped out for currie except my trac bars they are from teraflex. Wouldnt ever waste my money on RoughCountry garbage again!
You should get the Currie springs before your RC's fall out because they're too short for full droop 😁. Happened to me in Sedona on a trail called devil's staircase or devil's slide, something like that. Currie springs are great and are longer when the axle is drooped than most springs.

I’ve been looking for sway bar discos lately. I’ve eyeing JKS, but I found someone selling a brand new pair of Rough Country discos locally for $30.

At that price I’m tempted to pull the trigger. Has anyone run those and have an opinion on them?
Work fine. Do it.

Mine had RC disconnects when I bought it. I've had no problems with them whatsoever. I've lost a couple of the retaining pins but replacements are readily available in the fastener aisle at Lowes, and I even broke the stud off of the axle end while swapping it over to another axle and RC sent me a pair of replacements for free.