Should I get the MORryde / Exogate kit or just the hinges?

DropTopDon

TJ Enthusiast
Posted a thread earlier on MORryde/exogate spare tire carriers, and decided on getting it. Before I make the purchase however, I wanted to ask, I will be using it for a 33 x 12.50 KM3. Should I get the whole kit or would just reinforced hinges be just fine. By just fine I mean properly supported. Thank you.

I'd get the entire kit personally as it ties into the rear portion of the sport bar, which is a very nice feature.

Do the whole kit. The hinges are only part of the equation. You've still got a lot of weight hanging on the tailgate. The whole kit distributes the weight evenly across the tailgate and ties it into the roll bar too. I took mine to a body shop and had them paint it to match too.
Shop it around, I ordered mine from rex and sons rv in NC about a year half ago. It was about 290 then. Saved me a like $60 I think. The one they sold was the MORyde one

Reactions: B00mb00m
Posted a thread earlier on MORryde/exogate spare tire carriers, and decided on getting it. Before I make the purchase however, I wanted to ask, I will be using it for a 33 x 12.50 KM3. Should I get the whole kit or would just reinforced hinges be just fine. By just fine I mean properly supported. Thank you.
You’re at a fine line. I ran a 33x12.5 on just the hinges for awhile. I later added the triangular brace. It’s definitely better. Only part I’m lacking is the tailgate mount. If I went to 35’s I’d definitely need the whole system.

I have the hinges only and it’s just fine for a 33. I’ve never heard of anybody having damage with this setup.

I vote for the whole kit, gives piece of mind and you won't wonder if the hinges are enough. Obviously the money part weighs in too but if you can switching it I would go the kit. I have it myself and real happy but only have a 33 on it.

If all you are planning on is 33s, the hinges alone are fine, they are super beefy, but I am going to be upgrading to the whole kit (morryde) soon as I am planning on going to 35s next tire change. They have been fantastic for almost 2 years now

I was looking for a tailgate to replace my cracked tailgate last summer and of the 4 tailgates I went to go get all were cracked. Most looked ok until you pull the carrier and then you start seeing the cracks.

Get the full kit