Should I keep my lunchbox locker in Dana 30 or upgrade to full case locker?

DuncLJ

🍺 Beer Guzzler 🍺
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I am putting together my list for my gear swap and locker upgrade that will happen in the next month or two.

I am on 35" tires and will be installing 5.13 gears. I have a Detroit Tru Trac in the rear Dana 44 which will be replaced with an Eaton E- locker.

I currently have an Aussie Locker up front in my Dana 30. It has worked well in all wheeling conditions when I had 32's.

I have not done any heavy wheeling since installing the 35's earlier this year.

So my question is:

While I am replacing everything else, should I upgrade my Aussie for a full case locker such as a Detroit Locker or a Yukon Grizzly?

I realize I could just go E-Locker up front also. It is almost double the cost though. Also, I enjoy the simplicity and durability of auto front lockers, and driving in the snow or ice is not a consideration.

So what do you think.... Keep what I have and wait till when or if it breaks, or upgrade to something stronger while its all apart?

Last edited:
If it's in the budget, I say upgrade to a full-case locker as mentioned. That way you're done with the front and you've gained some peace of mind with the added strength. :)

I am putting together my list for my gear swap and locker upgrade that will happen in the next month or two.

I am on 35" tires and will be installing 5.13 gears. I have a Detroit Tru Trac in the rear Dana 44 which will be replaced with an Eaton E- locker.

I currently have an Aussie Locker up front in my Dana 30. It has worked well in all wheeling conditions when I had 32's.

I have not done any heavy wheeling since installing the 35's earlier this year.

So my question is:

While I am replacing everything else, should I upgrade my Aussie for a full case locker such as a Detroit Locker or a Yukon Grizzly?

I realize I could just go E-Locker up front also. It is almost double the cost though. Also, I enjoy the simplicity and durability of auto front lockers, and driving in the snow or ice is not a consideration.

So what do you think.... Keep what I have and wait till when or if it breaks, or upgrade to something stronger while its all apart?
If you can afford it a selectable locker would be the best. Especially if this is a long term Jeep owning type thing.