Should I list my 2001 on eBay?

TJ Hunnicutt

Lord of Flatulence
Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Haven't been on in a while as my mother passed away a few weeks ago and life just got squirrely for a bit.

Anyway, my orange 2001 is finally officially ready to sell. Actually, it's been ready for a while, just doing some final edits on a walk-around video and many, many pics. I'd like to get top dollar, of course, but don't want to make a whole bunch of extra work/hassle for myself. I have sold this and that on Ebay before but never anything as pricey as a vehicle and wanted to see if anyone here in TJ Land has ever done so. If so, was it a pain? Was it worth it?

My other option is to with good ol' CL.

I am not sure if I can be much help, but I will tell you from my experience. I have bought and sold a lot of vehicles on Craigslist. I have never sold any vehicles on EBay. I mean I have never tried. I figure since EBay is national, then you have to figure out how to make those kinds of arrangements, but you get more customer base for sure. I have heard stories of customers flying in then driving vehicles home buying them without seeing them, but I prefer craiglist because the buy is local and usually it is a quick done deal with less hassle.

But since I have never sold any vehicle on EBay I am not the source of truth. I once sold a truck on craigslist for 20K and I once sold a motorcycle on Craigslist for 7K , so I am a fan, but I don't really know your area. I live in a pretty big city close to many other big cities, so I have an advantage in that way.

Good luck. I love the orange ones!

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Doesn't hurt to cross post to eBay and CL (and HERE!!). I know a few people that have bought vehicles off eBay. My bother has sold a couple vehicles on eBay that even went international. Just say in your posting that it's the buyer's responsibility to deal with shipping the Jeep or getting it to the final destination. I bought a car off another forum, bought a one way ticket and spent 2.5 days driving it back. I don't think it's all that uncommon for people to do on forums and such. Plus a one way ticket is significantly cheaper than paying a shipper. And if you're near a major airport or are willing to pick them up at one makes things even more justifiable for the buyer.