Should I pull the trigger on this LJ Rubicon?

Tldelaney

TJ Enthusiast
This just popped up and I am very interested in checking it out. Anything I should be looking for? The dealer had a list of mods that the PO installed:

4.75 inch total lift ( im Thinking this was a mistype and its 3.75)
OME springs and shocks
1.25 BL
Tummy tuck (no mentioned brand)
Carne Full adjustable control arms
JKS track bar
JKS sway bar disconnects
Currie one ton steering setup
Tom Woods CV driveshaft

https://www.wilkinsoncars.com/Vehic...r_Unlimited_Rubicon_LWB-Sanford-NC/3500954483
Thanks guys

Reactions: Starrs
Too much. Look for a regular LJ. The Rubicons are overpriced, you can easily get ARBs and regear for the price difference, easily.

Edit: unless you are a collector, then jump on it

Reactions: 06lj
Check the carfax if you can and test drive. I sought out something similar with equally low miles. Felt like finding gold. Turned out the PO had screwed the lift so badly the vehicle drove terribly. Had 3 wheel alignments the same year after the lift and mileage usage plummeted until it was sold. Always be wary, it was also priced highly.

Check the carfax if you can and test drive. I sought out something similar with equally low miles. Felt like finding gold. Turned out the PO had screwed the lift so badly the vehicle drove terribly. Had 3 wheel alignments the same year after the lift and mileage usage plummeted until it was sold. Always be wary, it was also priced highly.

Yeah I am concerned. A lot of changes including the tummy tuck which can be finicky with vibrations from what I've heard.

That’s a pretty expensive LJR, even built ones are <17,500 or so.

I’d look for something more reasonably priced or settle for a TJ or LJ and put the money into the parts that make it an “R”. You may save some coin that way since even the rubicons need many of the parts replaced for serious off-roading (axle shafts, U-Joints to CV, regears, etc).

Reactions: Hog
$20k will buy it. Dealers are famous for getting vehicles like that with mods, and running the price up. It's worth the asking price, low miles and all, but if anything's wrong then you have no room financially to deal with the issue.

If you like it buy it, life is short. Just don't make a habit of buying like that even if you have the money.

We just bought a 2005 Rubicon TJ, very clean, 4" lift, new soft top and tires, 64k miles, for $15,750. I probably overpaid too. Oh well.....

This just popped up and I am very interested in checking it out. Anything I should be looking for? The dealer had a list of mods that the PO installed:

4.75 inch total lift ( im Thinking this was a mistype and its 3.75)
OME springs and shocks
1.25 BL
Tummy tuck (no mentioned brand)
Carne Full adjustable control arms
JKS track bar
JKS sway bar disconnects
Currie one ton steering setup
Tom Woods CV driveshaft

https://www.wilkinsoncars.com/Vehic...r_Unlimited_Rubicon_LWB-Sanford-NC/3500954483
Thanks guys
That’s nice.

I appreciate your guys’s response. Helps with not becoming emotionally attached. 😂 Fricken beautiful and manual which I’ve been searching for but there are a lot better deals out there from time to time.

Reactions: Hog
The big thing if the price is acceptable to you is always rust - watch the frame (inside and outside), especially around the TC skid.

Anything is worth whatever someone else will pay.

The plusses I see are: Rubicon lockers, warn winch, rear warn swing out tire carrier, front ARB bumper, and hardtop that is an LJ hardtop. What I mentioned in parts is $5k and you didn't have to install it.

Run a fluid sample on the oil, go test drive it, and inspect the insides of the frame, and underbody for rust.

You will see more of this kind of pricing on nice LJR's.

What's the true value? Whatever someone is willing to pay.

Reactions: rasband and Starrs
I appreciate your guys’s response. Helps with not becoming emotionally attached. 😂 Fricken beautiful and manual which I’ve been searching for but there are a lot better deals out there from time to time.
Good luck finding another one that looks as good as that. The price is what they are going for in that kind of shape. If you want to push the envelope a bit you can upgrade to an AEV with hemi for 32k. Full hiline kit with 14k miles I believe haha

Not much detail beneath but rust doesn’t seem to be an issue.

6ECE8C17-58EB-40B1-A03C-45A012B642FF.jpeg

94C35ED6-D8F2-4F47-872E-E4AD724611DE.jpeg

CDDDF869-BAC3-4C6A-8CB4-7DADDE570CD3.jpeg

DBE4F766-C310-4182-99CB-C6C2EB5B0967.jpeg

747B2C4C-04F2-498F-ABB6-D0E799443465.jpeg

9D2235B2-4634-4A32-80AD-B5E923988EA1.jpeg

DA294714-6ECD-40D0-A853-18DC534355E7.jpeg

CE737551-1933-4C9C-B817-BC0215EA3F01.jpeg

Reactions: rasband and Starrs
Not really . What's out there is worse vehicles at lower prices generally.

Last edited:
Where the heck is that at?!

Good luck finding another one that looks as good as that. The price is what they are going for in that kind of shape. If you want to push the envelope a bit you can upgrade to an AEV with hemi for 32k. Full hiline kit with 14k miles I believe haha