Should I Remove 1” Body Lift?

Blanquito

Mid Life Crisis
Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,
Recently got my 99 TJ. It has a 2” spring spacer lift and a 1” body lift. Looking to keep it relatively stock. Thinking about removing the body lift. After some research, it looks like PO didn’t adapt the transfer case lever bracket like I have seen in other body lifts with some kind of extension bracket. The fan and shroud also line up good. So, did PO raise the engine mounts? Other than those two concerns, it looks like it would be pretty easy to remove the body spacers and set it back on the factory ones that are still there. Advice and thoughts appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

There's not a thing wrong with a short body lift like your 1", most of us run a 1" or a 1.25". Since it's not causing any problems there's no reason to think about removing it.

Reactions: JMT and rasband
It looks to me like the transfer case shifter linkage extension plate is indeed installed on your TJ. Take it off and you will see where the pivot bushing hole is in the bracket it's bolted to. Just re-use the upper bolts to move the linkage up to it's original location. Or put in the much advised T-case cable shifter kit and be done with it.

Reactions: JPAZIDO
That's what I think I see. That should make it stock again. But! Cable shift is awesome! So remove all of it and install a cable shift.

Not sure it is worth the effort to remove a 1 inch body lift. The tcase has a correction plate so it is ok.

Thanks for the info everyone. Can anyone tell me if those are stock height motor mounts? The fan and shroud line up correctly. I’m assuming they are taller than stock to accommodate the 1” lift?
Thanks