Should the radiator cap be 18 psi?

OK
So if its not leaking-- would you say its good?

No. As jerry indicates a bad cap or bad seals which is more the case, wont hold pressure and allow far to much coolant into the overflow bottle as things heat up. It also will disallow the coolant to return to the overflow bottle once cooled down. The work like check valves basically. The cooling system is intended to be a "closed system" free of any air. Inspect the seals for cracks and gently look under them for built up gunk from the likes of radiator sealant or rust crud. better yet if your not sure for $10 buy a new one.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'm just throwing out another option. Someone may stumble upon this thread in the future (when Mopar OE parts don't exist anymore), and they should know that Stant is just as good as the OE Mopar radiator cap (which is probably made for Mopar by Stant anyways).

Is that okay with you? :rolleyes:

The future replies (which you and we probably know by now) stant was bought by motorad and not made in the pre-buyout factories. The stant I bought from the link above had motored stamped on it.

Reactions: Chris
The future replies (which you and we probably know by now) stant was bought by motorad and not made in the pre-buyout factories. The stant I bought from the link above had motored stamped on it.

everyone tell me it’s the same thing, I bought a MOPAR that was stamped Motorad … one thing Motorad has never done for me was hold a constant temperature … motorads bounce around a little bit. Stant Superstat was always rock solid, until you start to overheat.

Sucks