Shout Out to Warn!

DC0046

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Had a sagging tire carrier on Warn rear bumper. Shimmed the hinge and hinge bracket and sag fixed, but the nylon washer was in pretty bad shape. Called Warn customer service today and they are mailing me two today NO CHARGE! Great customer service.

IMG_5117.jpeg

I have the same carrier and it is sagging too could you tell me how you shimmed them, is it a sleeve inside the hinge that gets worn?

I have the same carrier and it is sagging too could you tell me how you shimmed them, is it a sleeve inside the hinge that gets worn?

No sleeve in the hinge. You will need
To take the carrier off. To
Do that loosen the bumper bolts which will allow the bumper to rock back. The will allow the large hinge bolt on the carrier to clear the hinge on the tailgate. You must remove the bracket also to gate the carrier off. I went to a local fastener place and bought some washers with 1.5 inch ID and 1/8 thick. Got some thin shims also same ID and OD. Put them on the male portion of the hinge on the bumper with the nylon washer on top. You will have to shim the bracket also with some thick washers. Tighten everything on the tire carrier up and then the bumper. Problem solved. Grease well. Probably should make sure the zerk is taking grease while the carrier is off.

No sleeve in the hinge. You will need
To take the carrier off. To
Do that loosen the bumper bolts which will allow the bumper to rock back. The will allow the large hinge bolt on the carrier to clear the hinge on the tailgate. You must remove the bracket also to gate the carrier off. I went to a local fastener place and bought some washers with 1.5 inch ID and 1/8 thick. Got some thin shims also same ID and OD. Put them on the male portion of the hinge on the bumper with the nylon washer on top. You will have to shim the bracket also with some thick washers. Tighten everything on the tire carrier up and then the bumper. Problem solved. Grease well. Probably should make sure the zerk is taking grease while the carrier is off.

Thanks a million. That should get me going.