Show me how you mounted Sound Ordnance B-8PTD powered sub please - any in console?

ALScott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got one on the way. New system with only kicker speakers sounds pretty bad to me so ordered the SO sub as recommended by so many here.

Underneath the rear seat, on the bottom of the seat, not on the floor, though you could do it either way. I think I might move mine to the floor actually, using 4 nutserts.
I’d send a pic, but I’m on the road out of town. I chose this location because I needed the rear storage and I did not want it readily visible to thieves. They are great!

Reactions: skrelnik and pc1p
Mine is under the rear seat as well and I'll be running some nutserts as soon as I get my rear BedRug shipped out. I wanted it out of the way and away from sticky-fingers when it comes time to run topless.

Mine did have a factory sub but I've decided I want that space for my Viair 450P compressor.

Reactions: rasband
Is this model compact enough that one could mount it to the underside of the passenger seat (front, fold & tumble)? My rear seat will not be in this vehicle much longer.

(I've installed seat riser blocks, so it's a bit higher than stock.)

Mine is under the rear seat, not even mounted. The seat rests on it and holds it in place just fine. Is that bad?

Mine is under the rear seat, not even mounted. The seat rests on it and holds it in place just fine. Is that bad?
I hope not. That's all I did with my sub until I figure out if the rear seat is staying or going. It's been there 4 months without an issue.

I am close to replacing my factory sub with this one and using the center console as well. Photos would be nice.

I pulled console. Lined floor with adhesive campershell weather stripping, put a couple pieces of more dense foam on the sides wedged in but left some air space for ventilation (in theory), pooped out rivets for top tray and reinstalled it on top of the housing. It has worked well for a couple of years. Sounds pretty good too! Few pics-
20190407_104524.jpg
20190407_112211.jpg
20190407_122142.jpg
20190407_122209.jpg

Reactions: pc1p and Ephry73
Update. Got this sub in and it's awesome. I put mine in the console as above but it is flat against the sub vents (drivers side) I put dynamat on tub underneath it and entire inside of the the console. Now I just need to find a factory tray.

Reactions: Ephry73
Update. Got this sub in and it's awesome. I put mine in the console as above but it is flat against the sub vents (drivers side) I put dynamat on tub underneath it and entire inside of the the console. Now I just need to find a factory tray.
Did you find a tray and if so did you have to modify it any?

Just ordered blue with no dividers. Blue should make it easier to see what crap I throw in it. Will report back when received.

How does this sub sound compared to the kicker 6.75 in the factory box?
I have no idea about the kicker but the Sound Ordnance is awesome. I was shocked at the bass. I had to turn it down quite a bit otherwise the bass overwhelms the sound.