Shows your significant other watches that you can't stand

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Okay, I know all of us must have shows that our significant others watch that we just loathe. So let's hear them!

For me, it's The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. My wife watches those shows all the time, and it's absolutely mind numbing. I tell her over-and-over that those shows are 100% staged and completely fake. She says she knows, but she still likes them... Ugh!

Reactions: LTTJ
Friends. Please, just shoot me. I despise that show.

I agree with you. Seems like all women like that show (including my wife), but I can't stand it. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I agree with you. Seems like all women like that show (including my wife), but I can't stand it. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I hate the bachelor and bachelorette. It's all so fake and ain't nobody got time for that. Or at least I don't have time.

Our only disagreement on programming is that my husband wants to come home and watch a movie on weeknights and I want to go to sleep by 10:30, so that usually doesn't give enough time to watch a full movie. Otherwise, we pick a series that we both agree on to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
I hate the bachelor and bachelorette. It's all so fake and ain't nobody got time for that. Or at least I don't have time.

Our only disagreement on programming is that my husband wants to come home and watch a movie on weeknights and I want to go to sleep by 10:30, so that usually doesn't give enough time to watch a full movie. Otherwise, we pick a series that we both agree on to watch.

My wife will regularly say that she doesn't want to watch a show I pick out. Then after we are two episodes in, she will say, "Wow, this is really good!". Most recently this happened with "Broadchurch".

I told her, "Have I ever once picked out a bad show to watch? Nope, not once.". I read reviews, so I have a pretty good idea of what's worth watching. If it wasn't worth watching, I'd never pick it in the first place, you know?

Chicago _____. All of them. The same soap opera in different settings.

Chicago PD. Who is sleeping with who, who wants to sleep with who, who is sleeping with someone who is sleeping with someone else all done with unrealistically attractive people wearing police uniforms and occasionally doing police stuff.

Chicago Fire-See above -add firefighters and something on fire once in a while, usually just so people sleeping with each other can wring their hands and worry.

Chicago Med- See above at a hospital

Chicago Gangsters- All of the above while shooting each other during drug deals. OK, I made that up.

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Chicago _____. All of them. The same soap opera in different settings.

Chicago PD. Who is sleeping with who, who wants to sleep with who, who is sleeping with someone who is sleeping with someone else all done with unrealistically attractive people wearing police uniforms and occasionally doing police stuff.

Chicago Fire-See above -add firefighters and something on fire once in a while, usually just so people sleeping with each other can wring their hands and worry.

Chicago Med- See above at a hospital

Chicago Gangsters- All of the above while shooting each other during drug deals. OK, I made that up.
Wow, I would like to see them do that. But in Vernonia. Vernonia PD, Vernonia Fire, Vernonia Hospital, Vernonia Gangsta'... lol

The same stuff, but with chain saws, dozers and log trucks!

Reactions: Umbra
My wife will regularly say that she doesn't want to watch a show I pick out. Then after we are two episodes in, she will say, "Wow, this is really good!". Most recently this happened with "Broadchurch".

I told her, "Have I ever once picked out a bad show to watch? Nope, not once.". I read reviews, so I have a pretty good idea of what's worth watching. If it wasn't worth watching, I'd never pick it in the first place, you know?

Ooh, I really liked Broadchurch! I'm excited for future seasons.

Ooh, I really liked Broadchurch! I'm excited for future seasons.

The current season (season 3) is the last season. It's a damn good show though, one of the best I've ever watched. That and Fargo!

So in other words, all 20 (or however many) seasons of Grey's Anatomy. My wife loves that show, and I made a comment to here that the only thing that show is about is who is hooking up with who this week. I said everyone at some point has slept with everyone else!

The current season (season 3) is the last season. It's a damn good show though, one of the best I've ever watched. That and Fargo!

Ah, I've only watched seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix! I'll have to look into season 3!

I don't watch any broadcasted TV and only a few shows, I download everything often when the entire season is available and I use VLC media player to watch shows at 1.7 speed (it can speed up shows with pitch control so the sounds does not come out high pitched) it saves me a lot of time as I think life is too short to sit down staring at furniture every evening.

I don't watch any broadcasted TV and only a few shows, I download everything often when the entire season is available and I use VLC media player to watch shows at 1.7 speed (it can speed up shows with pitch control so the sounds does not come out high pitched) it saves me a lot of time as I think life is too short to sit down staring at furniture every evening.

No Broadchurch for you? I hear it's a smashing success in the UK!