Simple soft window storage

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
You can screw any strong , spring loaded squeeze clamp (the home centers sell them for under 3 dollars) downward to your garage walls and you have cheap , safe storage for your soft windows . 2 per window work well. Just don’t clamp on the clear , and they’ll stay like new.

Right now I’m using heavy “acco” clips office supply stores sell . Works really good . Think hanging clothes on a clothesline , works similar to that , and doesn’t scratch them . Just keep them away from breezes.

Get a couple of these and you can hang your doors too ....lol

While everybody, including me, loves threads with pics, I will say that the first post of this thread is pretty friggin' great without them.

All I have to do is figure out if I even have enough garage wall available to hang me some windows. That and keep from hanging them low on the walls anywhere in the house or how to explain it to my wife if I do.

While everybody, including me, loves threads with pics, I will say that the first post of this thread is pretty friggin' great without them.

All I have to do is figure out if I even have enough garage wall available to hang me some windows. That and keep from hanging them low on the walls anywhere in the house or how to explain it to my wife if I do.
Hey thanks man.

I just did this today:

Got some primed pine from Home Depot for $5 and ripped the top at at 45 degree angle on the table saw.

Two screws per board in the studs.

The plastic retainer that fits in the body groove holds them right in there.

Plastic clamps is how I've been hanging mine for years. The top is sitting on hangers made for extension ladders. I zip tie the frame ends and the folded top while it's still on the Jeep. Lifts off in one easy manageable piece.

20170211_133712_zpse7cgrmb6.jpg

Reactions: AndyG and Kiwi TJ