Single brake line to each axle: Which outlet on the proportioning valve?

sierradmax

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I'm running a single brake line to each axle. Out of the two ports off the side and one off the rear, which should be used and which one should be blocked? Or does it matter?

I'm running a single brake line to each axle. Out of the two ports off the side and one off the rear, which should be used and which one should be blocked? Or does it matter?

I believe it’s single line to rear axle and one of each of the other two to each of the front? Maybe ?

I believe it’s single line to rear axle and one of each of the other two to each of the front? Maybe ?

Yes, I'm aware that the rear port of the proportioning valve hits the front left. On the right side, there's two. The port closest to the firewall hits the front right while the port away from the firewall goes to the rear axle. I'm building a custom TJ using single lines to each axle so looking for input on which ports to use/block.

Yes, I'm aware that the rear port of the proportioning valve hits the front left. On the right side, there's two. The port closest to the firewall hits the front right while the port away from the firewall goes to the rear axle. I'm building a custom TJ using single lines to each axle so looking for input on which ports to use/block.

Ah

The forward port on the side pointing at the fender is the rear brake circuit. The rear port on the side and the port pointing at the firewall are the front circuits. It doesn't matter whether you use one or both, they are common to each other internally via a drilled T fluid path.

Mostly depends on how you want to plumb it.

Reactions: sierradmax
The forward port on the side pointing at the fender is the rear brake circuit. The rear port on the side and the port pointing at the firewall are the front circuits. It doesn't matter whether you use one or both, they are common to each other internally via a drilled T fluid path.

Mostly depends on how you want to plumb it.

Thanks. Looks to be easier to plumb both out the side of the valve. The line out the rear port will have to take a hard turn-down similar to factory

The line out the rear port will have to take a hard turn-down similar to factory

Which is what I do, copy factory, over to the firewall, straight down to a bulkhead fitting in a tab bolted to the pinch weld. Hardline in, flex hose out to the upper control arm and then to a Tee on the axle housing. Other times I drill the pinch weld and use a bulkhead fitting with a nut instead of tab mount.

Which is what I do, copy factory, over to the firewall, straight down to a bulkhead fitting in a tab bolted to the pinch weld. Hardline in, flex hose out to the upper control arm and then to a Tee on the axle housing. Other times I drill the pinch weld and use a bulkhead fitting with a nut instead of tab mount.

That's a great idea..