Single DIN touch screen

ridgedon

Anybody have an experience with these little head units? Came across while browsing and found it pretty interesting
B5135C4F-F029-4A43-A8D9-245985CCDEFF.png

Reactions: Ephry73
I have one. It's a good unit. I paid about $200 on ebay awhile back. It's the same as an Xtrons unit with different firmware. You can switch between with some work if you are good with that sort of thing. If you want the factory sub to work you might have to switch a few wires, there's a thread about it somewhere. It overheats in warm climates, there's a thread about that too.

Reactions: SSTJ
The hair is a game changer, I can do so many things other people can’t. you should try it sometime

Good to know about all of those radio options. I really like that joying radio, I’ll have to check that out. How do you control the volume of that head unit? It doesn’t look like it has any physical controls

I have an xtrons. Same as OP.
Added an 8" powered sub under the back seat. Rounds out the sound nicely.

20210202_130720.jpg
20210213_184053.jpg

Also added an extra arm to the driver's seat to scratch my ass.... see above.

• Haha
Reactions: jeepins and Ephry73
I really like that joying radio, I’ll have to check that out. How do you control the volume of that head unit? It doesn’t look like it has any physical controls
I apologize... I didn't see your reply. I added these. Or one of them. It's mounted to the back of my steering wheel. Works great for volume and track control, and it's easy enough to operate entirely by touch.

view.png

What model unit is this?
Here is the latest version of the one I have. Couldn't be happier with it... It's great.

• Love
Reactions: JMT and Ephry73
I apologize... I didn't see your reply. I added these. Or one of them. It's mounted to the back of my steering wheel. Works great for volume and track control, and it's easy enough to operate entirely by touch.

View attachment 261281

Here is the latest version of the one I have. Couldn't be happier with it... It's great.

Does it also work with Apple CarPlay?

I went single DIN chassis with a floating screen from Joying. The 8.8” widescreen fits the TJ dash perfectly, and the CarPlay implementation works well.

View attachment 250743
View attachment 250744
That looks great! What is it?

Is there anyway to hook up a variety of cameras to this? I'd like front and rear view, and also one underneath looking at the rear diff, and another that lets me see the passenger side front wheel

Is there anyway to hook up a variety of cameras to this? I'd like front and rear view, and also one underneath looking at the rear diff, and another that lets me see the passenger side front wheel

And one for bird watching. LOL

You're likely going to need a composite video switch. While most head units will let you label each input, I haven't seen one with more than 2 video inputs. I bought an 8 port composite video switch I plan on wiring up once I get my rock cameras figured out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0154QWCM8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

You probably don't have audio to worry about, there are much cheaper solutions available, even automatic switches.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intelligent-Video-Switcher-4-to-1-Wireless-Car-Video-Switcher/215629346
Link is supposed to be "Intelligent-Video-Switcher-4-to-1-Wireless-Car-Video-Switcher" from walmart.

View attachment 261341

Just as a quick example, I'm sure there are plenty of video only switches of all types.
Interesting. Haven’t seen that before. Not a fan of automatic switching, but the manual switching via remote would work for my project. Thanks!

Reactions: pagrey
I went single DIN chassis with a floating screen from Joying. The 8.8” widescreen fits the TJ dash perfectly, and the CarPlay implementation works well.

View attachment 250743
View attachment 250744
Did you need a special wiring harness or bezel to install that? Would you get the same one again? I'd like something similar, but with a thinner bezel and/or an external volume knob