Single DIN touch screen

FWIW, I've been happy with this for controlling volume. The receiver wires into your existing wiring. I had two total (one on my steering wheel and one on the front of my center console near where my hand rests). I'm not currently running one on my steering wheel. You only need to wire one receiver in for multiple controllers. I had another controller with a knob that spun but it felt cheaper and was more difficult to control while driving.

Edit: I don't use the rubber sleeve or the other controller that's for making calls.

Yup, saw that one. I was looking at this one by the same company but I do not like that the plastic strap cannot be removed from the controller. Wondering if any of these remotes will work with the unit. I'll write the company to find out. Gracias!

Yup, saw that one. I was looking at this one by the same company but I do not like that the plastic strap cannot be removed from the controller. Wondering if any of these remotes will work with the unit. I'll write the company to find out. Gracias!

I had the dial that you are looking for, but I didn't prefer it to the button type like I figured I would. The clicks seemed far apart and the click wheel felt pretty loose (cheap) which made fine-tuning more difficult for me while driving. Maybe I would have liked it more had I used it longer, but I didn't like it much at all.

Here is a screenshot of the dial knob that I purchased. It's not currently available by the seller, but this might help you with your keyword search. You could also try messaging the seller using my order number to see if they sell it under a different ad/description, or maybe they can provide part no. information.

I still have mine somewhere in storage, but I'm out of state so I can't be of more help. Sorry about that.

1666757530848.png

Summary regarding compatibility: Bluetooth does not work (I tried four devices and batted 0 for 4 on that). However, the devices that work have a receiver that you hard wire into the back of your deck (Key 1 and/or Key 2 iirc and ground/power iirc). That has worked for me both times (using the touch button version and dial version). I decided to go with two button-type volume controllers for redundancy and only needed to hook up one receiver since they are clones.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
I had the dial that you are looking for, but I didn't prefer it to the button type like I figured I would. The clicks seemed far apart and the click wheel felt pretty loose (cheap) which made fine-tuning more difficult for me while driving. Maybe I would have liked it more had I used it longer, but I didn't like it much at all.

Here is a screenshot of the dial knob that I purchased. It's not currently available by the seller, but this might help you with your keyword search. You could also try messaging the seller using my order number to see if they sell it under a different ad/description, or maybe they can provide part no. information.

I still have mine somewhere in storage, but I'm out of state so I can't be of more help. Sorry about that.

View attachment 370216

Summary regarding compatibility: Bluetooth does not work (I tried four devices and batted 0 for 4 on that). However, the devices that work have a receiver that you hard wire into the back of your deck (Key 1 and/or Key 2 iirc and ground/power iirc). That has worked for me both times (using the touch button version and dial version). I decided to go with two button-type volume controllers for redundancy and only needed to hook up one receiver since they are clones.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much for the info and tips. I ended up ordering this one: ATOTO AC-44F8. I'll update once I install it if you are interested. 🍻

Reactions: MikeE024
I got this ATOTO S8 head unit a few months back.
HaVEghY5cbhTBBv0m1Osr1OQ=w1902-h1749-no?authuser=0.jpg

Still getting it laid out the way I want it. I think I'm going to just be lazy and always use Android Auto with it.

I got the ODB2 BT adapter with it and it works well - I'm looking at different Android apps that use it.

Since I took this pic I adjusted the screen up about an inch so I can see the AC controls better.

I got this ATOTO S8 head unit a few months back.

View attachment 391004

Still getting it laid out the way I want it. I think I'm going to just be lazy and always use Android Auto with it.

I got the ODB2 BT adapter with it and it works well - I'm looking at different Android apps that use it.

Since I took this pic I adjusted the screen up about an inch so I can see the AC controls better.

What size screen us this? I want the tallest screen that doesn't interfere with the AC controls and vents. Width should be an issue. I understand the measurement of the screen will be diagnol. TIA

What size screen us this? I want the tallest screen that doesn't interfere with the AC controls and vents. Width should be an issue. I understand the measurement of the screen will be diagnol. TIA

I got this, a Boss BE10ACP. It is a sliding Ten Inch touchscreen, and it is really fast. It takes two hands to move the screen up and down. So, there is no way it is going to slide on its own. It has front and rear camera control, Android Auto and Car Play, Bluetooth, with Microphone. The screen is completely removable with two buttons behind it for theft deterrence, leaving just a neat black box with a square hole in it. I brought a special small blue carrying shoulder bag for mine and packed it with foam. It does Google Maps and Waze flawlessly. You can also buy an anti glare screen protector especially for it on Amazon. But, I didn't like it because it was too dull for me, but other people seem to like it a lot. I got the regular gloss screen protector and I refused to use it, until the screen protector was in place to avoid scratching the screen. I hate scratched screens, on anything, either my cell phone, Garmin watch or car stereo touchscreen. I always get a screen protector before I use them. It also comes with two 3 foot USB inputs, which I use to connect my Wireless AA, and wireless cup holder charger. It has subwoofer control, faders, balance, EQ, and so many different settings built into it. I really like it. It is showing as $220 dollars on Walmart right now. I paid $500 installed, and it is showing over $400 dollars on the Boss site. It is recommended to only have it installed by a professional.

Boss also makes a 12 inch and 14 inch touch screen car stereo. Here are the pictures of the Boss BE10ACP, in the up position and down position screen in my 97 Wrangler. I also included a picture of the home screen. You can also shut the screen off and play music with just the date and time showing on a black background, and you can even make the whole screen black, if you don't want any screen lights while driving. It doesn't bother me, day or night with the screen lights, but I guess it bothers some people.
Boss BE10ACP Up.jpg

Boss BE10ACP Down.jpg

Boss BE10ACP HomeS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: srimes and Bud125
I got this, a Boss BE10ACP. It is a sliding Ten Inch touchscreen, and it is really fast. It takes two hands to move the screen up and down. So, there is no way it is going to slide on its own. It has front and rear camera control, Android Auto and Car Play, Bluetooth, with Microphone. The screen is completely removable with two buttons behind it for theft deterrence, leaving just a neat black box with a square hole in it. I brought a special small blue carrying shoulder bag for mine and packed it with foam. It does Google Maps and Waze flawlessly. You can also buy an anti glare screen protector especially for it on Amazon. But, I didn't like it because it was too dull for me, but other people seem to like it a lot. I got the regular gloss screen protector and I refused to use it, until the screen protector was in place to avoid scratching the screen. I hate scratched screens, on anything, either my cell phone, Garmin watch or car stereo touchscreen. I always get a screen protector before I use them. It also comes with two 3 foot USB inputs, which I use to connect my Wireless AA, and wireless cup holder charger. It has subwoofer control, faders, balance, EQ, and so many different settings built into it. I really like it. It is showing as $220 dollars on Walmart right now. I paid $500 installed, and it is showing over $400 dollars on the Boss site. It is recommended to only have it installed by a professional.

Boss also makes a 12 inch and 14 inch touch screen car stereo. Here are the pictures of the Boss BE10ACP, in the up position and down position screen in my 97 Wrangler. I also included a picture of the home screen. You can also shut the screen off and play music with just the date and time showing on a black background, and you can even make the whole screen black, if you don't want any screen lights while driving. It doesn't bother me, day or night with the screen lights, but I guess it bothers some people.
View attachment 476968

View attachment 476969

View attachment 476976

It's a nice setup! I appreciate you sending the pics! Personally I'm going to need the AC vents and controls a little more accessible I'm looking to split the difference with a double din dash and a slightly smaller screen.

Reactions: ChasUGC