Sirius XM is relentless

This reminds me, I have like a 6 month free trail if I enable it on my radio by the end of the year.

Reactions: Chris
I had it back in the day in another vehicle I owned. I enjoyed it. I decided after a couple years that I didnt need to be spending $60 (I think) a year on it so I let it lapse. They did the same thing, constant letters, phone calls, emails, etc...finally they had lowered it to something like $20 a year, pretty cheap and I bit the bullet. Sold the truck and havent heard from them since :LOL:

Since posting only a few hours ago (#20) I received another letter from SirusXM in the mail. The only contact info on it is a phone number for me to accept the "offer" I never asked for. It's from the Senior Vice President of Customer Communications who conveniently omitted his contact info; no number, no address. That's odd for such an important person! lol

What bothers me is that I actually have an account number. I called the phone number to cancel something I never asked for once and for all. The guy who I had hard time understanding due to his accent, kept interrupting me. I gave him my address (it was on the letter). He basically refused to cancel my account unless I gave him my phone number and e-mail address for verification that it was actually me. I asked him what he had for me and he wouldn't tell me. I asked for the Senior VP's address and he wouldn't give it to me.

I asked if this conversation was being recorded and he said "yes". "Great" I said then I ripped into him. He put me on hold and after 5 minutes came back to say my account will be cancelled in 3 to 5 business days. I doubt that will happen. I did get the head office address from him so I will be mailing what they sent to me back to the Senior VP with some scribbles on it.

I asked how SiriusXM got my info and he confirmed that it was from the dealership that I bought the car from. I have nothing against the dealership, other than this, but I really feel that I should tell them to smarten up.

Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
I like Sirius. I always have Turbo on, and will bounce around to Octane and Liquid Metal from time to time.

Reactions: WFD 19
I like Sirius and prefer it over Amazon Music and Pandora. But I will not pay for it.
As someone else says after your free trial period they are all over you with $30 for 6 months or $60 for a year. But in order to get that you have to give them your credit card and agree that at the end of the deal period you will be auto-renewed at the regular price of $15.99/month.

So if you are diligent not to let their email (warning you your price is about to increase) go to your spam folder and don’t block their number, then perhaps you can go through the crap show of calling customer retention and going through two people to get the discounted deal. But if you missed their email or their call and you get that bill from your credit card company for your over $100 for 6 months. When you call to bitch you are pretty much told to pound sand. I know from first hand.

I also sold a car on which I had a subscription and totally forgot to cancel it. In the meantime the credit card on file with Sirius had expired. Several months later I received a collection notice. That was fun. My fault for not cancelling the subscription. But Sirius needs to auto renew at the discounted price and give the option for billing instead of credit card. If they did these two things I would use them. And I’m guessing their subscriber base would increase materially.

I buy a new car every year so I can get 6 months of free music. On a more Sirius note, when the free weeks happen, I tune in to hear the same 50 songs that they constantly play on Hair Nation or Ozzy's Boneyard

• Haha
I get probably a letter every 2 months or so. Never any calls tho. I enjoyed Sirius when I had it. Howard stern is some awfully funny listening when on a long drive.

I have been listening to Howard Stern since 1984 and continue to do so. I like Sirius XM for the vast selection as well as the reception in my TJ and at home. I'm willing to pay for the service.

Reactions: reddvltj and Starrs