SJ’s TJ

I ran full day of really hard wheeling out at The Cove about an hour an half away from me. I'm happy to report the rig ran fantastic. The previous issue I had with driveshaft clearance is resolved. The tune I got made the motor run flawlessly and the new hydroboost brake setup was great.

It was a hot and humid day and when we were running long technical climbs up the mountain the motor got up in the 220s and the trans got up in the 210s which was a little worrisome, but not an issue. Stop for a couple minutes and the temps came down and then going back down everything was back to normal.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this setup. I'm able to run trails that I wouldn't dare run with my old setup (Dana 30/44 on 35s). As I said before, the biggest difference outside of a longer wheelbase and 40s is the weight and width of the axles. Off camber spots are no longer pucker moments which gives a lot more confidence sending it up extreme sections. I'm really satisfied she ran so well.

I only have a couple things to address before I wheel again in July. I never made a bracket to attach the grill to the frame with the new front half kit. When trail riding in between trails at speed the grill was moving around and making noise. I also had the front driver caliper fitting come loose and leak some fluid so I'll need to bleed the system. Then of course the standard nut/bolt check.

Looking forward to all the awesome pictures and videos of you wheeling this monster. Sounds like you've got things pretty much dialed in.

Reactions: Sj's TJ
Looking forward to all the awesome pictures and videos of you wheeling this monster. Sounds like you've got things pretty much dialed in.

Only got one 9 second video of me going up a rock slab without much fuss, otherwise didn't get any photo's. I'm going out again in July so will try and get some more then.

She's just about dialed in at this point. I can't wait to get back out there again soon.

Reactions: Wildman
Only got one 9 second video of me going up a rock slab without much fuss, otherwise didn't get any photo's. I'm going out again in July so will try and get some more then.

She's just about dialed in at this point. I can't wait to get back out there again soon.

Well Dang Nab it how are we all supposed to enjoy your success in getting the Jeep running right and things working how they should if we ain't got proof of the fact?

Enjoy it.