SKIM key delete

@Wranglerfix

Wranglerfix.com

-Mac

Nope, NOT Wranglerfix.com! When I purchased my Wranglerfix,com years ago. I asked him to delete the SKIM key and make some other changes to the programming - NO REPLY - ECM arrived WITHOUT any of the changes I specificity asked for!

Now my SKIM is going bad. I am trying to use my HP Tuners to get into the programming and delete the SKIM function. I finally got the file in the ECM to download into my laptop, but I can't get the changed file to upload from the laptop into the ECM

• Dislike
Reactions: L J and zebra12
Nope, NOT Wranglerfix.com! When I purchased my Wranglerfix,com years ago. I asked him to delete the SKIM key and make some other changes to the programming - NO REPLY - ECM arrived WITHOUT any of the changes I specificity asked for!

Now my SKIM is going bad. I am trying to use my HP Tuners to get into the programming and delete the SKIM function. I finally got the file in the ECM to download into my laptop, but I can't get the changed file to upload from the laptop into the ECM

Buddy, I’m gonna say this plainly because Mark is a trusted and reputable member here and this is your first post since 2020. Dozens of us have used @Wranglerfix multiple times with nothing but good communication and getting exactly what we asked for.

My guess is you either used someone else and you’re mixing the two up, or there’s more to your little story and the problem lies with you, whether you know it or not. Don’t come in here out of the blue targeting people. Not a good look.

🫡

IMG_0437.jpeg

Buddy, I’m gonna say this plainly because Mark is a trusted and reputable member here and this is your first post since 2020...

I am not running Mark or Wranglerfix.com down the road. Wranglerfix.com saved my Jeep from being totally inoperable and it has been many years since I had to replace the crankshaft position sensor. I meant what I said on May 10th, 2020. The Wranglerfix.com ECM seems to tolerate aftermarket sensors. My Jeep has not run better since after replacing the ECM with the unit from Mark at Wranglerfix.com. Sorry if I have come out of the blue after 4 years of not posting. If I need to post, I do. If I don't, I don't post. And not worried about the look either.

But what I am saying is that I asked for the rear O2 sensors and the SKIM to be deleted and they were not. I now realize that the SKIM was deleted, but there was NO information with the ECM saying to unplug the SKIM module and had NO idea that the SKIM would start working again if it was not unplugged. It wasn't until years later that I tried using a non SKIM key only to realize that the SKIM - what appeared to me - was not deleted. I believe Mark when he says that the SKIM was deleted and he told me that it was. But again, I did not know that I had to unplug the SKIM module. As for the rear O2 sensors I asked to be deleted, I don't know what happened to that. I just had the feeling that my requests were not addressed and the ECM was sent out as is. It is my fault for not addressing any concerns soon after I got my replacement ECM. I was just happy to be able to drive my Jeep without the bus failures, stalling, and other symptoms that caused me grief

WF4.jpg

I usually don’t say a lot on these kinds of things, but this is actually funny.

That was meant to be funny - but also serious too. I know there is NO OEM sensor check function in the ECM. But the Wranglerfix.com ECM does (to me) seem to tolerate aftermarket sensors better than the stock ECM. After replacing the ECM, I have not had to return to AutoZone for a crank position sensor. If you told me there was a sort of OEM sensor check, I would be inclined to believe you. And I have recommend the Wranglerfix.com ECM on other forums too. And if I were to buy another Jeep TJ, I would just go ahead and replace the ECM with a Wranglerfix.com unit BEFORE it fails. I spent many hours trying to figure out why I had 4 bad O2 sensors and why I had a bus failure code when driving a Jeep - not a bus!