Small mounting bracket behind airbox

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just removed my airbox and found this little mounting bracket attached to the intake manifold and fuel rail. Anyone know what it is supposed to hold?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• 66206890455__E176565A-C175-4B3F-9382-EBFD5E564143.MOV
    1.7 MB
I was thinking the wiring for the crank sensor or 02 sensor clipped on there..I also think it's not installed correctly but wait for others to chime in

I was thinking the wiring for the crank sensor or 02 sensor clipped on there..I also think it's not installed correctly but wait for others to chime in

Yes, that's the bracket the O2 sensor clips into.

That hole should face the firewall, and the O2 sensor has a "tree" that snaps in to secure the sensor. That piece of gray plastic is part of that "tree" that broke off the sensor.

Reactions: P man

That hole should face the firewall, and the O2 sensor has a "tree" that snaps in to secure the sensor. That piece of gray plastic is part of that "tree" that broke off the sensor.

Gotcha, thanks. I am going to replace my O2 sensors soon too, so this is good to know. Any idea where I can find that 'tree'? Don't go Googling on my behalf, but thought I'd ask in case you already knew.

I'm not understanding, the upstream O2 sensor threads into the exhaust pipe below the exhaust manifold.

Gotcha, thanks. I am going to replace my O2 sensors soon too, so this is good to know. Any idea where I can find that 'tree'? Don't go Googling on my behalf, but thought I'd ask in case you already knew.
I'm pretty certain my nok o2 sensors came with the tree

And the wiring runs up near the firewall side and goes into a wiring bundle
Call me slow but are you talking about the O2 sensor's connector or something else? The O2 sensor itself does not screw into into that bracket, it screws into the exhaust pipe well below that bracket.

Call me slow but are you talking about the O2 sensor's connector or something else? The O2 sensor itself does not screw into into that bracket, it screws into the exhaust pipe well below that bracket.
We are talking about the wiring..the upstream sensor threads into the pipe and then the pigtail runs up near the firewall and has a Christmas tree clip that pushes onto this bracket

Next question. Why is there a hole on top of that bracket?

And if I can be a television character, I'd like to play Joe Friday so Just give me the facts.

Maybe for the 4.0 that's where the second upstream O2 sensor's connector clips in?