Smittybilt Rear Bumper (76750D vs 76651D-01)

TJim

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hey Guys!

I am in the market of a new rear bumper.

I want to use it as a recovery point. Weight is a criteria. Since I prefer to keep my rig as light as possible!
Also, availability is a major issue, since I don't live in USA. So, I do not have many options.

Does anyone know which is the difference between 76750D vs 76651D-01 Smittybilt Rear Bumpers?

Also, 76750D mentions tow rated.

Would you trust to tow something small, and use it as a recovery point?

Trust it?
Nope......never, it’s a cheap production line piece. Not beapoke hand built ‘murican iron!

^sarcasm

the differenced are shackle mounts or not

BDC6DBF8-2FE2-480D-B946-B5D9BC13910A.jpeg

^thats a Smitty with a 250# scooter on a Northern Tool moto tote. It went 650mi at 70mph and nothing failed

Last edited:
Reactions: TJim
Edit: It may be hard to get the Dirtworx bumper I recommended for you shipped to Greece. Sorry I didn't catch that you were in Greece until Chris mentioned it.

Smittybilt's bumper is a Chinese import that I wouldn't trust. Instead I'd go for the outstanding quality Dirtworx at https://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/rear-bumper which is only $4 more than the cheap Smittybilt is.

I've installed that bumper onto both of my TJs and it has been virtually problem free. Just buy a can of Rustoleum self-etching primer and satin-black rattle can paint and install it.

This is the only picture I have that shows my present Dirtworx which is more than up to recoveries and it has towed my pop-up tent trailer for years without problem.

20140111_100321-Aeditted.jpg

20181012_181433_resized.jpg

S

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorenzo Altarocca
Smittybilt's bumper is a Chinese import that I wouldn't trust. Instead I'd go for the American-made outstanding quality Dirtworx at https://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/rear-bumper

I've installed that bumper onto both of my TJs and it has been virtually problem free. Just buy a can of Rustoleum self-etching primer and satin-black rattle can paint and install it.

This is the only picture I have that shows my present Dirtworx which is more than up to recoveries and it has towed my pop-up tent trailer for years without problem.

View attachment 244006

View attachment 244007
I doubt Dirtworx is going to ship that to him in Greece.

He’s very limited on what he can get there. He’s probably at the mercy of the Chinese stuff.

Reactions: Vasq and Wildman
Edit: It may be hard to get the Dirtworx bumper I recommended for you shipped to Greece. Sorry I didn't catch that you were in Greece until Chris mentioned it.

Smittybilt's bumper is a Chinese import that I wouldn't trust. Instead I'd go for the outstanding quality Dirtworx at https://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/rear-bumper which is only $4 more than the cheap Smittybilt is.

View attachment 244006

View attachment 244007
S
Hey @Jerry Bransford . Glad to see you are back!

Unfortunately as @Chris mentioned my choices are very limited. I wish I could buy products from Savvy, Dirtworx etc. No was to ship them to Greece though.

So my choices are pretty much limited to Smittybilt, rugged ridge, pro comp

the differenced are shackle mounts or not
Thanks for the answer. The difference is not shackle mounts or not. Thats for 76750 vs 76750D.

76651D-01: SRC Classic Rear Bumper With D-Rings.
76750D: SRC Classic Rear Bumper With D-Rings
76750: SRC Classic Rear Bumper With Hitch

This is what I come up with. Which still doesn't make any chance. Which is the difference between 76651D-01 vs 76750D?

If you’re up for stomaching the cost, I bet a bunch of us would be willing to accept delivery and forward to you. It’ll be a bit more expensive though.

If you’re up for stomaching the cost, I bet a bunch of us would be willing to accept delivery and forward to you. It’ll be a bit more expensive though.
That would actually not be a bad idea, since the costs are extremely lower there in USA.

Just for an example. Smittybilt 76750D is about 255 $ in USA. Here in Greece I will buy it for 450 euros which is equivalent to 540 $

I wonder how much the shipping costs would be for something so heavy though!

Try this, One of my Kiwi neibour forum member put me on to it.
You get a USA address when you sign up and they ship to you after its shipped to your USA address, given the amount of free shipping in US the handling charges are quite reasonable.

https://www.shipito.com/en/
Thanks! I've seen services like this before. But no one I know has ever tried it. Have you tried it? Do you know if its trustworthy?

Thanks! I've seen services like this before. But no one I know has ever tried it. Have you tried it? Do you know if its trustworthy?
Not yet but I will try soon they have a freight calculator which may give you a guide!
Pity is most of the stuff sold is made in China but you have to pay shipping from USA, I am trying to find suppliers in china who will ship direct.

On the bigger Us suppliers like Quadratec who ship overseas you can go to checkout prosses and it will show you shipping charges before you have to pay so if its too expensive you just dont pay

I don't know if this is possible or not but when I was stationed in Germany I would buy things for some of my German friends who were in a German 4x4 Club. Things were a LOT cheaper to ship to a military APO address plus I wasn't paying duty on stuff. It was crazy the stuff I had shipped over to Germany.

I don't know what if any bases are in Greece and if you happen to know any people there.