Snapped Valve Cover Bolt

Rick2004LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Had some leaking around front of valve cover - put a wrench on it just to see if any bolts were loose…. SNAP
In my defense I used a Small stubby socket and it snapped with very little pressure.

We are leaving in 2 days for wheeling trip really don’t have time to fix it. What are the odds I could get by with a few days of wheeling?
10E97711-66B1-4CE7-AF5B-F69E0AA5F747.jpeg

Just fine...watch for oil leaks.

Might make a mess. Bring stuff to clean up responsibly. I carry pigg mats in large heavy mil ziplock bags...bag is heavy enough to hold fluids and the pigg mat is for everything else.

Odds are pretty good if you pull the pan the broken bolt is finger tight in the head.

Wouldn't be the first time someone confused in lbs with ft lbs.

-Mac

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Just fine...watch for oil leaks.

Might make a mess. Bring stuff to clean up responsibly. I carry pigg mats in large heavy mil ziplock bags...bag is heavy enough to hold fluids and the pigg mat is for everything else.

Odds are pretty good if you pull the pan the broken bolt is finger tight in the head.

Wouldn't be the first time someone confused in lbs with ft lbs.

-Mac

Is it worth a try to back it out with the valve cover in place ?

Since I have to pull the cover at some point thinking about adding a little bling to the engine compartment. Any recommendations or opinions on the aluminum aftermarket valve covers?

Since I have to pull the cover at some point thinking about adding a little bling to the engine compartment. Any recommendations or opinions on the aluminum aftermarket valve covers?

I've got a valve cover gasket in my pile of parts right now. I looked at the aftermarket valve covers but for the price I just opted to get some Ford red engine enamel. Then it'll match my M90 😁

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rickyd