Need valve cover bolt size

patricox59

I can’t find a thread with the answer after looking for 20 minutes, so making this one unless someone can point me in the right direction.

Need help determining the size of a valve cover bolt on my 2005 4.0L I6. It’s not the stud but one of the 12 other bolts. When torquing it down, I suspect my torque wrench is not reading properly as I had it adjusted for in lbs and not ft lbs, I still managed to snap one of the bolts. From what I can tell it’s the factory valve cover and everything if that makes a difference.

The image is of the broken bolt obviously, but if anyone can point me to a link to buy or a number to take to the hardware store that would be awesome!

5AB10D42-F9CE-41E6-8AD2-3D940382BDB8.jpeg

So I just dropped a grommet (rear most) and 't' sleeve referenced as "sleeve, torque limiter" in @Jerry Bransford s schematic, though mine are 't' shaped and not just what looks like a sleeve in the pic.

Anyhow...I can't find it. Just burned two hours reaching behind the block, crawling under and reaching up sticking fingers everywhere they'd fit, then finally crawling around my garage on hands and knees thinking maybe it rolled. Gone.

I have a couple old grommets that are not totally hard and I guess I could reuse if I could find a (I'll call it) T sleeve. Just need the one. I cant seem to find it anywhere...autoparts websites, amazon....

Anybody have another name for it, a part number, or some kind of source?? Before I pound a divot into my desk with my forehead?