snow storms

Ted

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone have this pronblem when they call for a snow storm??
bread.jpg

In Idaho it didn't stop a thing. Temps if cold enough would stop school. Here it doesnt stop a damn thing. Right now the state is sucking at plowing roads. They are broke they claim but they just took $667,000,000 in PFD funds from the people.

Reactions: Chris
If you live in a state like Alaska (or maybe even the right part of Colorado), snow doesn't shut things down (unless it's a monster blizzard). You see the snow we get in the area I'm in, and all it does is make the local snowflakes lose their mind and act like the end of the world is coming.

It's pretty hilarious, especially when I'm driving around our FWD Honda Odyssey minivan, with all season tires and no chains at all... Yet somehow I'm doing just fine, while everyone else is stuck.

Here is se Texas we see ice and or 'snow' once about every 10 years. Local media absolutely freaks when it gets to around 35 degrees and there's a 30% chance of rain. They warn to watch for ice and snow flurries, stock up, watch for school closings, the whole 9 yards. It's quite comical.

Reactions: StG58 and Stinger
Here is se Texas we see ice and or 'snow' once about every 10 years. Local media absolutely freaks when it gets to around 35 degrees and there's a 30% chance of rain. They warn to watch for ice and snow flurries, stock up, watch for school closings, the whole 9 yards. It's quite comical.

This is true, but here we get iced over first, then snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Frank and JP98
Here in GA it has gotten to be more than comical. As a kid I can count on one hand the number of times school was called off for snow. I remember setting at school one time with a couple of inches on the ground and a more than interesting bus ride home up icy hills. Now if the word snow gets brought up it is close schools, roads and put curfews on. Things have even gotten worse since the ice apocalypse when all of ATL was shut down. The hysteria has pushed it's way out to the rural areas that once just rolled with it.