Snowstorm Jonas

No electric? Damn... All the stuff in the fridge is going bad. That's always my biggest concern for some reason, haha.

Thank god for generators, seriously. I wonder how long it will take them to get the power back up.

Well it's been rocking and rolling here at the Jersey Shore for about 14 hours now. Snow is still coming down like there's no tomorrow and the NWS just updated the total to between 20 and 30 inches. River came up some at the first high tide this morning but not to bad, the second high tonight could be interesting. Most of the southern half of the shore is getting clobbered with flooding causing a lot of evacuations. I would like to go out and take pic's but it's just blowing so hard that I'm staying put. Lost my Martin House about an hour ago, blew out onto the river ice and exploded into about 20 pieces.

Well it's been rocking and rolling here at the Jersey Shore for about 14 hours now. Snow is still coming down like there's no tomorrow and the NWS just updated the total to between 20 and 30 inches. River came up some at the first high tide this morning but not to bad, the second high tonight could be interesting. Most of the southern half of the shore is getting clobbered with flooding causing a lot of evacuations. I would like to go out and take pic's but it's just blowing so hard that I'm staying put. Lost my Martin House about an hour ago, blew out onto the river ice and exploded into about 20 pieces.

Have you taken the TJ out in the snow by chance?

Good call! I wouldn't be taking that thing out into the salt unless you coat the underside with Fluid Film.

20160123_151317.jpg

20160123_151317.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Well it's been snowing for about 24 hours now with 30 to 40 MPH winds and no sign of letting up anytime soon, freaking nasty out there.

Well it's been snowing for about 24 hours now with 30 to 40 MPH winds and no sign of letting up anytime soon, freaking nasty out there.

Wow, that's crazy! We never get anything like that here over on the West Coast.

Wow, that's crazy! We never get anything like that here over on the West Coast.
Speak for yourself! Up here in the Gorge, we get it.
In 09 I had 5 feet at the house with 8 foot drifts. No power for 5 days. The house across the field burned to the ground because the fire department couldn't get to it. It sucked.
I'm better prepared now - generator, backup propane heat, TJ, and a snowmobile.
Bring it!

Reactions: David Overbay
View attachment 2492 Taken after it melted a bunch and the road got plowed. And that's probably less than 15 miles from you Chris.

I should have said here in the West Coast in the major cities (i.e. Portland, Seattle, San Fran, LA, etc.) we don't see any of this.

But yes, if you're in the Gorge I totally see what you mean!

1994 I had over 5 ft of snow in my front yard and none of it was from a shovel or snow blower. Had to shovel a tunnel to the mail box. Hell had to shovel a path in the street to the box. Bought a snow blower the next year and until we moved in 2014, never needed it.

Reactions: Chris