So Cal / AZ Windshield washer fluid, WTH?

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Simple, Jeep needs WW fluid. Stop at Walmart and none of it has alcohol in it.
Buy this “booster” and for giggles read the back of the bottle....holy hell!
(I’m in Maricopa county, Jesus I hope I mixed it right)

1614187711763.jpeg

They don't want us using the fluid made to go below freezing unless we live in an area where it will actually freeze. If I want to buy the stuff made to go below freezing I need to buy it where it snows (the sierras in my case). - I just buy all my fluid up there so it's actually in the system when I need it.

They do sell the stuff that's 'non-freezable'....they've probably pulled it from the shelves by now, though. The Walmart by me has the stuff that doesn't freeze for the cold months and the stuff with bug remover for the other 360 days :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Farmergreg
I just buy the 32*+ F version year round and add a few ounces of isopropyl alcohol in the winter.

Rule of thumb guide:

10% alcohol:90% water will reduce the freezing point of water from 32* F to 26* F.

20% alcohol:80% water will reduce the freezing point of water from 32* F to 19* F.
I just bought a jug of -20F last week.

That's pretty damn pessimistic for south Louisiana.

It’s a stupid law given the differences in temps you can get in AZ with a 2 1/2 hour ride.
I spend a lot of time at the canyon and dont want to play the game of buy fluid where/when it’s cold.

My favorite NAPA store will sell the “good stuff” to me by the case when I need it

• Wow
Reactions: Farmergreg
It’s a stupid law given the differences in temps you can get in AZ with a 2 1/2 hour ride.
I spend a lot of time at the canyon and dont want to play the game of buy fluid where/when it’s cold.

My favorite NAPA store will sell the “good stuff” to me by the case when I need it
I never would have imagined a world where I’d have to work a deal to get the “good stuff” when it came to WW fluid!

I just buy the 32*+ F version year round and add a few ounces of isopropyl alcohol in the winter.

Rule of thumb guide:

10% alcohol:90% water will reduce the freezing point of water from 32* F to 26* F.

20% alcohol:80% water will reduce the freezing point of water from 32* F to 19* F.
But, but ..there was some fluid left in the reservoir how can i be certain the proportions are correct?