So what OEM parts should we be stocking up on?

Well to my knowledge Mopar is producing the parts again, they just moved production of most of them to China.

That being said, cooling system parts and sensors are what you'll need.

Reactions: D M and Modoc Guy
Mine likes to eat blend door actuator levers. Omix makes replacements, but I don't think you can get OEM ones anymore. I'm stocking up on them in case they get discontinued some day.

I also need to get some spare O2 sensors since it's so sensitive to having the correct factory ones.

Good question. I've been replacing key sensors since I bought the rig in April. So I haven't caught up with stocking any spares yet.

But off the top of my head, I'd say a clock spring, key engine and driveline sensors. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't finished my coffee yet! 😸

I think at this point very few Mopar parts are still being produced by the OE suppliers and current Mopar parts may or may not be of the same quality.

If I could go back, a starter, alternator, CPS and muffler/tailpipe would be on my list. The muffler and tailpipe (now discontinued) for my ‘05 LJ was only $350. I would have happily paid that for something that works well and lasted 15 years and over 240,000 miles.

Hopefully the Mopar radiator will be available for some time to come, though the cost has risen about $100 over the past year.

I did get an OE Bosch fuel pump a few months ago.

Something else I was happy to spend $20 in was the HVAC vacuum lines:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EIBPME0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Radiator deffinetly, though mine was only about 200 on TPS sensor, idle control valve etc etc. all the little sensors that are known for going bad.
Oe coolant is nice, but there still producing that.
my water pump is a “Gates” unit. I didint like the plastic impellers on the new MOPAR ones, it works fine.
NTK is still making 02 sensors, but that would deffinetly make the list

im only 1/2 way through my coffee so I’m probably missing something.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Mine likes to eat blend door actuator levers. Omix makes replacements, but I don't think you can get OEM ones anymore. I'm stocking up on them in case they get discontinued some day.

I also need to get some spare O2 sensors since it's so sensitive to having the correct factory ones.

@Alemonkey .... do you know where to get a blend door lever for the middle/main air vent?