Soft door question

The Real Lxxtsy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I searched online for this style door and can't find it. Was told it could be Bestop brand for mid 90's wrangler. Anyone know if it can be seperated into 2 pieces? Anyone have this style door on their Tj?

Thanks

bestop.PNG

Last edited:
I don't have em personally but I know lots of guys who do. Sure looks like a bestop soft door. And yes the upper half is removable. The shape of that upper makes me think it's for a YJ with a square cut soft top. (bestop has a video on their website explaining the difference between the 2 styles) basically if you want to put em on a tj the uppers will be useless but the lowers will work provided you change the latch on your tub for a YJ latch.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I figured they are YJ doors and the top would not fit/line up correctly which is fine by me. I'm sure I can find Tj tops at some point. I know the latch part on the tub needs to be modified to make the doors close.

Those are bestop, but they are YJ doors. The squared top and older red bestop tag in the door liner. The TJ uppers won’t line up with the bottoms as they changed the location of the post mounts. I bought YJ lowers and TJ uppers this summer and ended up reselling them separately after figuring it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fouledplugs
@bobthetj03 Thanks for posting those pictures that shows what I was poorly trying to explain above. You can see the bend in the top bar of the TJ door where the upper sits. The collar is way different and can’t be easily modified. The doors for the YJ would work if you only wanted them for when you had a bikini top or no top at all. TJ uppers won’t fit those doors, and those doors won’t fit with a full top.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Ok, I found these lowers, how can I tell if TJ uppers will work or not?

Are these YJ or TJ lowers?

Screenshot_20180223-161138.png
Screenshot_20180223-161141.png
Screenshot_20180223-161145.png
Screenshot_20180223-161149.png
Screenshot_20180223-161153.png

Those should work with TJ uppers. See the bend in the top of the lower door, and the bottom of the upper? The last picture of @bobthetj03 with the doors on the jeep, the middle seam is what I am trying to point out. If you look at the first doors, they have a straight bar. Those were for the older CJ7, or early YJs, and how the top fit. After doing a little more self research, the red tag should have given away the original doors pictured are likely from a CJ based on when Bestop changed over to the yellow tag.

Those should work with TJ uppers. See the bend in the top of the lower door, and the bottom of the upper? The last picture of @bobthetj03 with the doors on the jeep, the middle seam is what I am trying to point out. If you look at the first doors, they have a straight bar. Those were for the older CJ7, or early YJs, and how the top fit. After doing a little more self research, the red tag should have given away the original doors pictured are likely from a CJ based on when Bestop changed over to the yellow tag.

Yes, I see what you are talking about. Only thing that would need to be modifed on the jeep would be the striker location?

I would be willing to bet that those second ones you posted are from a TJ already. They look exactly like the ones on my 05.